Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Animal Mother
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...
So ever since I bought my truck I have heard people complain about the factory brakes on the Xrunners....
I always said that I had no concerns with them at all....
That was until this morning...

On the way to work, I was driving pretty hard.
0-110 about 5 times in a row.
After the 5th time, I noticed a dramatic difference in my brakes.
at 110 trying to brake is like pulling teeth....
I understand now....

Anyone wanna lend me 2K for a BBK?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just got mine a month ago....I have on 2 occasions had to slam on my brakes - both times I was going about 30mph...but when i did I heard loud clicking noise coming from the brakes (both times)- almost thought i wasn't going to stop - if I would have been in my last truck I would have stopped on a dime. Does everyone elses do this or do I need to make a trip to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
XRobber said:
Okay...
So ever since I bought my truck I have heard people complain about the factory brakes on the Xrunners....
I always said that I had no concerns with them at all....
That was until this morning...

On the way to work, I was driving pretty hard.
0-110 about 5 times in a row.
After the 5th time, I noticed a dramatic difference in my brakes.
at 110 trying to brake is like pulling teeth....
I understand now....

Anyone wanna lend me 2K for a BBK?
STOP rubbin it in ROB dammn:brickknoc

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
Gadget said:
If you are thinking of a StopTech brake kit, you should act fast. They may not be available for much longer...

Gadget
Gadget, I've noticed urd doesnt carry the xr 332 anymore on the webiste. Will you guys just stop selling them or will StopTech stop production all together?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i was thinking of getting the bbk a while ago but i had heard people complain about those as well so i have yet to make up my mind if i even want them anymore. does anyoen have any complaints about there bbk?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
well the complaints i have heard was that the brakes lots a natural feel and it became very detached feeling. as in there was no real feedback in the pedal.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Gadget said:
If you are thinking of a StopTech brake kit, you should act fast. They may not be available for much longer...

Gadget
Why is that? Will they stop making the kit for the X-runner?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah I was kind of hoping to wait a year or two and wear out the stock ones before looking for an upgrade. $2k for a pair of rotors and calipers seems excessive to me so I was hoping for a cheaper alternative to surface over time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
the only complaint i have is the HUGE amount of Squicking that i get in everyday driving, and it can get loud, if it was once in a while, i wouldnt mind it that much, but it gets on your nurves.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts