Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
Re: Procharger for X Runner

Maybe you can post the info, cause no info on the 4.0 v6 kit on their site.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts

he said he was looking into the universal kit...there is nothing for the 4.0

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts

Oh comon drop... it's not a bad setup... afterall that's what the current system is like...

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts

yeah, but i've installed a couple of procharger systems (06 vette, 03 f150) and they just never fit right. i don't think procharger puts enough r&d in their design. their parts sometimes aren't up to par also (specifically the POS belt tensioner in the vette system). and i've got a problem with a sealed oil system centrifugal supercharger. it gets mighty hot in there i'd imagine.

·
Bill Gates Mod
910 Posts

Looking forward to seeing pics...maybe they will send you the full kit the first time around :)

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
70 Posts

]
The Procharger Universal kit is just exactly that UNIVERSAL You will get a very exlensive and noisy blower and a metal plate that has the blower bolt pattern drilled and NOTHING else You will then be completely on your own to figure out the rest. I used a Procharger blower on my first prototype kit for the Tundra and it was so noisy that I promptly discarded it. They are also very large and difficult to find space for.
Do yourself a favour and buy the URD 4.0 kit

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well they are sending me the info on it via snail mail, and like everyone is saying it is universal, but when I told them it was a 4.0 V6 they said this kit would work good. Also I'm looking into it because my friend owns Prostreet performance and just had himself aired on the show "Pinks" and since his win there he is now an authorized dealer for ATI Prochargers and he can order them for usually $700 buck cheaper.........So amen to loud procharger and thicker wallet.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts

I guess- if it means that you get 6psi, then so be it!

·
Registered
14,487 Posts

ZigsXR said:
Well they are sending me the info on it via snail mail, and like everyone is saying it is universal, but when I told them it was a 4.0 V6 they said this kit would work good. Also I'm looking into it because my friend owns Prostreet performance and just had himself aired on the show "Pinks" and since his win there he is now an authorized dealer for ATI Prochargers and he can order them for usually $700 buck cheaper.........So amen to loud procharger and thicker wallet.
ask any person who has had a turbo'd 2.4 or any custom turbo project in general.. cheaper is not the way to go.. cheaper for a rwason.. god only knows why you waan go with somethign liek 5 peopel have called a pos so far and you;ve heard nothin ggood and you wana make your own ish instead of a r&d'd system from urd that bolts right on:looney:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts

Don't bash him- it's his money... I like the ProCHargers- on a v-8- but to each his/her own!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Firdaddy said:
ask any person who has had a turbo'd 2.4 or any custom turbo project in general.. cheaper is not the way to go.. cheaper for a rwason.. god only knows why you waan go with somethign liek 5 peopel have called a pos so far and you;ve heard nothin ggood and you wana make your own ish instead of a r&d'd system from urd that bolts right on:looney:
"Cheaper" is only a benefit of knowing someone in the business. I've also heard alot of people praising the hell out of prochargers....more than 5..
I would love to buy the urd system also.....but I'm just looking into my options for now, it's not like I have the money anyway

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts

ZigsXR said:
Excellent!!!

If you need any help with tuning or fueling I would be glad to help you out on that.

Gadget

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks Gadget, I'd appreciate that greatly. Now all I need to do is talk my wife into it and I'm there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts