Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Debadged XR pics

The first thing I did was remove both the "Toyota" badge and the "Tacoma" badge off of the tailgate. I left "X-Runner" on there though. I think it looks cleaner and leaves people wondering what kind of truck it is.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts

The first thing I did was remove both the "Toyota" badge and the "Tacoma" badge off of the tailgate. I left "X-Runner" on there though. I think it looks cleaner and leaves people wondering what kind of truck it is.
Ill be doing that very very soon

·
Registered
330 Posts

Exactly what I was thinking. I would only put the X-Runner badge back on the tailgate. The grill badge up front is enough to identify it as a Toyota.

·
Registered
93 Posts

... anyways, i've removed the 'toyota' and the 'tacoma' emblems from my tailgate; all that remains is the 'x-runner' badge in the upper right of the tailgate. looks pretty slick i think.

·
Registered
389 Posts

I think i might be taking mine off but putting the x-runner on the lower lft corner

if anybody needs the x-runner emblems i could get them for $20

·
Registered
5,471 Posts

I used fishing line..it worked great it cut between the sticky stuff and came right off and then the glue peeled right off the truck....All I have on my truck now is XRunner I took off toyota tacoma

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You can also heat the logos with a hair dryer a little which will make it so you can just peel them off (well more or less lol). Of course you dont want to put direct heat that hot on it but just run back and forth over it a bit and it should make the glue unstick a bit. Ive done that before but not on this truck. Gotta be careful with that one though.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

I used fishing line..it worked great it cut between the sticky stuff and came right off and then the glue peeled right off the truck....All I have on my truck now is XRunner I took off toyota tacoma
i did the same to my prerunner today. took all the badges and trd stickers off. looks much cleaner. i used 14lb test Stren

·
Registered
19 Posts

that does have a clean nice look to it, i think im gonna debadge it all and just leave the toyota emblem in the grille and the xrunner emblem on the tailgate ... keep ppl wonderin

·
Registered
5,471 Posts

thats how i have my truck....Just got XRunner on the tailgate and the emblem on the grill

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Debadge? Tailgate Emblem(s)? (X-Runner)

How many of you guys A) Left your emblems alone...B) Took of the toyota/tacoma emblem C) Took all emblems off....?? Just wondering...

:thinking:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts