Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone or anyone out there with an Xcab system, share what you got?? ANyone get a good set-up without losing those back seats?? Pictures??

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
check out my setup in the owner gallery, only a single 8" sub, but it sounds really good for what it is, and you keep FULL use of both back jump seats. Let me know if you need some more info on the setup.

·
Registered
186 Posts
go to SOUNDDOMAIN.COM and look in the members ride's part ...there's plenty of tacoma's with systems ext cab and reg cab,it will give you some good ideas

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aren't all your backseats totally gone?? I think i remember seeing pictures of your setup.. (maybe that was someone else's truck) It looked quality, but no more x-cab?

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Only thing other than my current setup I could come up with is cutting a crawl-through, and loading a few 12's in flush with the back wall of the cab and 95% of the box back in the bed with a tonnaue cover. That's probably what I'll be doing down the road when I have tossed cash at enough other stuff I wanna do first!

I also found a pic of a guy that built a whole new seat bench in the back and sank a couple of 10's and amps/crossovers all into it, with a cushion cover so you could still use the seats if needed. I have the image at work, I'll post it tomorrow, it's a really sweet setup.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lowtaco, i hear ya.. if i could get rid of those seats i would.. but i still have a need for at least sitting 4people.. it's my means of transportation still. Not quite yet a project car...

Hey OGSpace, let me know if you start your new set-up idea with the going through the back and stuff...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i had two infinity 12s perfects in my xcab with a custom built box that was mounted to the rear seats. so the xcab part became useless but thats ok i had boom. but then it got stolen now i have an empty space and no boom.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aww... so sad!! Someone stole your goodz??? That sucks. Dang, the integrity of people these days..

maybe you shoulda got that viper alarm.. "Please step away from this vehicle, you are too close"

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I got a JL 10w3 set up in my middle counsel, and I still have my back seats. It sounds great! I'll put pics up tomorrow. Oh, and it's not the JL stealth setup. It's custom built.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I feel your pain. I had the same thing happen. Fools snatched my stuff in broad day light. I was at best buy for less than 15 mins! UUGGHH!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Although it can be a pain trying to squeeze next to my stealth box (not that I ever ride in back) It's through bolted to the truck and allows use of the seats.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I lose one of my back seats, the one behind the driver (if I move the box over, takes like 5 seconds). But I scoot my seat all the way back to drive anyway, So its impossible for anyone to sit there in the first place. Plus system can be removed with no problem. I also put 6x9s in the factory locations. More pics of my xtra cab system can be seen in my owner's gallery, but i attached my 6x9 pic. The speaker grill goes on like usual and looks like normal 6 3/4s. Love to see other's pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I finally gave in and decided to take out that sheet metal storage area and fiberglass a custom box with some comfortable seats mounted to the top. I'm going the way of 2 10W6's as well as the stealth box w/ a 10W3, the 6X9 replacements look like they fit real nice. I'll post pics when I get 'er done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts