Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
392 Posts
Wow, I thought the Neons were like high 16 sec 1/4 mile cars.

Either way you will slaughter him. :waytogo:

· slow poke
3,019 Posts
ochizon said:
Did you read his post? He asked about the 1/4 mile.

All of which is besides the point that no one cares what you are a fan of.
this deserves a "lol".

lol. And like others have said -- the neon r/t has a hard time getting out of its own way. unless it has racing stripes, then i'd watch out.

· Registered
776 Posts
RedRunner06 said:
Can the XR take the Neon R/T on a quarter mile?? I got this guy that thinks he can kill me but he keeps up to a V6 Mustang?
I ran a PDX (performance driving experience) with a Neon R/T at Blackhawk Farms 1.6 mile road course, he would keep up with me on the back part of the course but as soon as we hit the front straighteway, the Neon was no match for the 4.0L, went from 2nd up to 4th gear at around 100 mph, the Neon was no match so I would always beat the Neon to the checkers...

Drag racing is for fast cars, autocrossing is for fast drivers!!!

The XR is no drag vehicle, it is built for road courses and can compete autocrossing, get over it!

I just beat a Ford F-150 SVT Lightening at an autocross event on a 1/4 mile Nascar track this past weekend with the Fox Valley Region here in Wisconsin on raw times, anything is possible just pick your battles...

Sure the Ford can wax me drag racing but on a course, he has no chance!

· Registered
533 Posts
Well stated, OXI.

This is why the XR is well balanced. It has .9 G's on the skidpad, AND a straight drag time of ~15.0 in the quarter mile.

Be proud, XR owners, we have a very capable vehicle considering. Speed, handling, AND utility. It's good to be king. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.