Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I went down to Vegas for the Lowrider show. On Saturday night I went with my cousin to the street races. I had no intentions on racing and was there to just watch. While parked an SRT 10 pulled up next to me and wanted to race, at first I said no because I had my bags still loaded in my X and I have 22" rims. I finally gave in and drove out to the line. I took off and pulled away from him for a split second in 1st. then he caught me but only stayed a half a car length infront of me throughout the rest of the race. When I returned people were coming up to me suprised I kept up with the SRT-10. After that I had people asking to race me left and right. Alot of people were asking what the hell I was driving. It was a good night.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
was it the 2 dr 6 speed or the 4 door auto? my g/f dad has the 2dr and theres no way we could keep up unless s/c. its got way to much torque, might of been a new driver. also you said bags filled up? air bags? can you post some pics if you have any.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I was at Bandimere Speedway racing my x-runner and there was two regular cab SRT-10 Rams there and they were only running one second faster than I was. I was running 15.9's and they were running 14.9's. So, even with 500+ hp they are not mush faster then us in the quarter mile. Lots of HP and no traction still equals a horrible run.

·
Registered
835 Posts
ian01 said:
So if you were superchaged- I bet you would make a lasting impression:D
I tried catching up to one driving to New orleans but traffic never let me catch up.... Probably better any way with the traffic..

But I did hurt someones feelings in an srt-4

·
Registered
824 Posts
truck_n_ninja said:
I was at Bandimere Speedway racing my x-runner and there was two regular cab SRT-10 Rams there and they were only running one second faster than I was. I was running 15.9's and they were running 14.9's. So, even with 500+ hp they are not mush faster then us in the quarter mile. Lots of HP and no traction still equals a horrible run.
They are 13 second trucks (Reg cabs), and are capable of getting traction with the right driver or tire, that seems a good bit faster than mid-low 15's.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Obviously the track could be the issue here if both trucks are running about a second slower.. Altidute and temp could be a the culprite

·
Registered
835 Posts
If I get a chance I'm going to the track once I get my truck back.. I know I should wait till after sema but now I'm curious. Its nice and cool here and I know some people running what i think is faster times then they should be

·
Registered
835 Posts
Jonathan said:
im going wednesday! i am going to the slow ass track again, but dxr is going, and thats a good mark since he ran a 14.0 ( i think) a few weeks ago with a best of 13.8.
So about a second faster then stock with the urd s/c

1 - 20 of 21 Posts