Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the custom ypipe just wanted some input on this product. I believe this is illegal here in texas right. Will i gain a cpl of hps? Input guys. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
how would it be illegal. I am pretty sure thats just an exact duplicate of the stok ypipe..just larger diameter and mandrel bent. It should bolt up to the 2nd set of cats/resonators...I think john was talking that his truck has no cats.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh ic i thought this would like eliminate the cats. So what the heck is it for if its similar to the stock y pipe?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
more flow...and if it removes the rear cats good...and dont worry about being illegal because there is no o2 senor monitoring them anyway. plus its a larger diameter then stock as well

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
trueplayboy05, just got done with the y pipe mod.this mod you use 2.25: off the reasonators both sides into a magnaflow double inlet(reversable muffler) to 3" out.any muffler shop can do the job.beats that highly restrictive y setup of toyota into a single 2.25 in/out muff. xrunjon06

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
rxrunner ,why should it every joint is welded no flanges the sensors are still ther the cats are what they are worried bout. xrunjon06

1 - 14 of 14 Posts