Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Thought I would share a couple pictures of the X in action. I took it up to Dayton, OH two weekends ago for my 2nd autocross with the X. Ended up 19th out of 37 total entrants.

About halfway through the day it turned from guys trying to get their best times, to making sure that they didn't get beat by a truck! It's funny how many people don't know the real potential of the X-Runner. The first autocross I went to people laughed....once again, middle of the pack (51st ouf of 103).

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. I'll post some more pictures of future autocross / track events with the X.

I have a couple videos too. Anyone know where I can post / host them and put a link to them?

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
way to go!. keep up the good work. not only can you make those guys sweat, but you can haul all your toys too! nothing like an x!

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
Looks like fun. Didnt realize the X leans so much in the bends:doah:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
nxrunner said:
Looks like fun. Didnt realize the X leans so much in the bends:doah:
yea the x gets some lean but its not all bad for handling. a flat handlign car is not always a good handling car. ihave all polly bushings and it helps but i also switched my tires and even with the lean the thing sticks in the turns like its on rails.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I need to get mine out on an autocross, I picked the truck up for that reason.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had the X for just over 2 months now. Haven't had the extra cash to do much to it yet. Still running on stock tires. I swapped out the air filter for a K&N. I've been looking at headers, banks exhaust, URD SS, and considered making a cold air intake up to the scoop. Trying to stay within the stock class for the autocross limits some of what I can do. No cold air intake or headers allowed. I may just add all the stuff and say heck with the stock class and see what it can do. No sos drop, it's still stock. I've heard that the drop actually reduces a lot of the roll, which I'm assuming is from lowering the CG of the truck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a couple videos too. Anyone know where I can post / host them and put a link to them?

Try photobuucket.com

·
Registered
774 Posts
06xrun said:
Hey guys! Thought I would share a couple pictures of the X in action. I took it up to Dayton, OH two weekends ago for my 2nd autocross with the X. Ended up 19th out of 37 total entrants.

About halfway through the day it turned from guys trying to get their best times, to making sure that they didn't get beat by a truck! It's funny how many people don't know the real potential of the X-Runner. The first autocross I went to people laughed....once again, middle of the pack (51st ouf of 103).

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. I'll post some more pictures of future autocross / track events with the X.

Enjoy!
You tell those losers that the XR will be a force in autocrossing!

Awesome, keep up the driving and show them punks that we can do it!

I just finished an autocross with Milwaukee Region and finsihed 2nd out of 31 in the street tire class...

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/2006/Event8_fin_NoPro.htm

Also try and run the truck on road courses, it does better there, I just ran on Road America, another point, the truck is better in the rain, I won my first autocross earlier this year in the rain in street tire class!

Keep it up and let me know how the mods work out.

I have a K+N, Banks exhaust, negative front camber at 1.6 degrees and 18x8 ASA wheels with BFG KDW G-Force 2's, I usually run 50 psi up front and 48 psi on the rear...

·
Registered
688 Posts
OXI said:
You tell those losers that the XR will be a force in autocrossing!

Awesome, keep up the driving and show them punks that we can do it!

I just finished an autocross with Milwaukee Region and finsihed 2nd out of 31 in the street tire class...

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/2006/Event8_fin_NoPro.htm

Also try and run the truck on road courses, it does better there, I just ran on Road America, another point, the truck is better in the rain, I won my first autocross earlier this year in the rain in street tire class!

Keep it up and let me know how the mods work out.

I have a K+N, Banks exhaust, negative front camber at 1.6 degrees and 18x8 ASA wheels with BFG KDW G-Force 2's, I usually run 50 psi up front and 48 psi on the rear...
:jawdrop: Holy cow. That is all the mods you have and you beat all those cars!!!!!!!!! That is awsome!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts