Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its that time of year again. Lets get this straight. Like most other men, I hate malls, crowds, and shopping last minute, so I'm gonna try and get it done before I go back home to Ontario on the 18th of december. I have approx a 250$ budget, which should be enough for the Sis, Mom, and Dad. So what are you guys getting family members? I'm at a loss right now, so any ideas are good ideas.

Cheers,

Dave (from snowy, cold Vancouver)

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,559 Posts
Starting a couple of years ago, I ceased giving 'goods' as Xmas gifts to my family. My family members are reasonably well-off, and they always talk about wanting to help the less fortunate during the holidays.

So ... I now go to the Red Cross website and make gift donations in my family members' names. It takes 1 credit card and about 15 minutes to handle 8 - 10 gift donations. Nice notification cards are sent to the recipients (be sure to have name / mailing address data on hand when ordering).

No crowds / no travel ... And - perhaps best of all - there's not a thing any recipient can complain about! .... :evil:

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true, I have donated to the Toys for Tots drive here on CT, but I would also like to get hte members of my immediate family some gifts. Moms tired of hte same old bath beeds and candles, haha.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,559 Posts
Before I went to Red Cross gift donations, I'd been in the habit of giving gift certificates. I always figured it was better to give 'em something they could use toward something they enjoy rather than take a chance on giving a gift that'd just collect dust ... :thinking:

·
damn
6,533 Posts
FourtyOz2Fredom said:
yes gift certificates are good, dont get them clothes

i actually asked for clothes this year:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts