Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there i was at the dealer getting an oil change...i go into the parts store just to check out the goods...i asked the dude at the counter how much the short shifter for the x was and he told me 300 something,, i was like wtf!! i could have sworn it was cheaper a while back...looks like i may be going with the urd ss...oh yeah...i ended up buying the trd seat covers and the all weather floor mats..woot woot....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: Wtf?

cool stuff :waytogo: I thought the TRD shifter was alot more:thinking: ...like $400 or something like that...and buying the TRD shifter is not all that bad because if you get it installed by them..that will also be included in your warranty..so it not all that bad...I guess

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts

cahaire said:
Wow. I only payed $175 for my TRD quickshifter. I think retail was like 220.
They can still be had for $190-$200 shipped to NJ sometimes.
I saw a few on eBay and slept on them and paid a little more for mine, but it was a lot more in the long run since I had the URD SS'er at first.

Retail is now like $350.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

are you serioustable!!! i think im gonna go back and tell them that i'm there to kick ass and chew bubble gum....and you know what...i'm all out of bubble gum..haha...it's funny how i like going to the dealer and knowing that i know more about the products than they do...thanks CT for feeding my brain!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ok so i just got off the phone with a guy at the parts department and i asked him about the s/s and he told me that they only make it for the 4x4.....:shrug:

·
Registered
201 Posts

Here is the part # for the XR from TRD. PTR04-35051
Thats the part # off of the box for my shifter. Give them that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts