Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

WTB: T-O-Y-O-T-A Emblem

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  amocaT 
#1 ·
Kind of like the one on the new FJ cruiser... where it spells out TOYOTA. Needs to be at least 12 inches long.

Thanks

#2 ·
Are you wanting it for your grille? If so - this is called the 'Satoshi Mod'.

A variety of used emblems of this type can be found on eBay pretty regularly...

#3 ·
TucsonTaco said:
Kind of like the one on the new FJ cruiser... where it spells out TOYOTA. Needs to be at least 12 inches long.

Thanks
Just received mine in the mail today! Rusty Wallace Toyota in Morristown, TN sells them. Here's their ebay listing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...ryZ33654QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ebay Seller ID: RWToyota

Instead of using the search terms Toyota Emblem (too many results) try FJ Toyota Emblems.

Hope this helps. And yes Randy... the Satoshi Mod is in my future. :D Just not sure how it will look with the '98 Grill? Still researching my modding options. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
TucsonTaco said:
Thanks amoca... yes I'm going for the Satoshi Mod... I guess we'll see how she looks on an 05+ w/t-rex.... can't find any pics of it...
Be sure to let me know when you get it installed I definitely want to see it. You may want to try searching the other Tacoma sites too. I'll look as well.

BTW, I ordered my emblem (won it) two days ago and it was delivered today. They ship fast. However, I'm only 45 miles from Morristown.

I've thought about modding a Grillcraft grill for the Satoshi. Not sure?

#6 ·
#9 · (Edited)
TucsonTaco said:
oh and $8 for shipping to tucson... not too shabby...

BTW.. how long is this emblem? like 12"
Left mine at work today. :doah: I think the emblem measures 12" ? I'll measure tomorrow and hit you up.

I was just down in the garage looking over my grill and Satoshi write-up. I'm wondering if I should keep my grill black (outer edges) or purchase one with the chrome surround? What do you think?

The pic on the left is mine. Sorry for the poor shot... didn't have one straight on. The second pic to the right shows the chrome surround. Nice hood scoop too, huh? Having my truck painted and new hood scoop grafted in December. :headbang: (And for all you CT'ers out there ... it's an '02 4Runner scoop :))

@ MY6 8UR8 Very nice!

Attachments

#11 ·
If you're going to paint the emblem white, then I'd go with the black grill surround. But if you leave them silver, I'd go with the chrome surround... should look pretty sic.

I'm gonna order the emblem tomorrow... so hopefully I can get it on next week and post pics.

Thanks!

#12 ·
TucsonTaco said:
If you're going to paint the emblem white, then I'd go with the black grill surround. But if you leave them silver, I'd go with the chrome surround... should look pretty sic.

I'm gonna order the emblem tomorrow... so hopefully I can get it on next week and post pics.

Thanks!
Thanks for the input. I agree on the scheme. I still can't decide if I should leave the truck black or not. I'll let you know.

Can't wait to see the pics. You're using the Satoshi write-up, correct? What material are you using for the grill mesh - aftermarket grill or making your own? I may have a couple of fiberglass questions. I've never worked w/ FG but it looks pretty straight forward from the write-up.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.