Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any of you guys be kind enough to post your pics of your wishbone link setup? Bash and hate away, if it helps get my truck bagged w/e:eyecrazy: . Thanks guys.

bj

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic. Im really in no hurry. If anything im hesitant as hell. plus im low on cash. Im really studying it now and reading up on it. Weighing my options. thanks though

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
ChrisTaco said:
Fabtaco has a wishbone, albeit not setup well....but it's one.

I really believe you're just better off w/ the cando setup. Only reason is, you're still new and don't realize alot about bags, and you're in a hurry to do it.

Anyway here's a quick pic I came upon of a wishbone setup.
thats a dirty setup IMHO. plus its hydros. ew

·
Registered
30 Posts
if your goign to do it just save a little more and do it the better and more reliable weight for the long run and 4 link it

·
Registered
835 Posts
Daveowen said:
thats a dirty setup IMHO. plus its hydros. ew
I'll assume you dont know much about hydraulics.... I've ran both for the last 11 years and I can tell you this I regret putting air on my truck.. I have a great system but I still miss hydraulics. they work better and ride better, you just have to know how to maintain them

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
ill post a pic in just a sec. But i have a question do you have anyone to bag your truck for you or are you doing it yourself?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
minis i have the locals that everyone goes to get their trucks and cars bagged. That would be my backup plan. I have family and friends that are expert welders and boilermakers. I have Customtacos for backup also. hell minis why couldnt u help..that would be big!

bj

·
Registered
835 Posts
Take it to DIB customs they do a killer job.......There painting my truck and close to you or you could bring it to seriously insane auto in knoxville thats who did my stainless steel frame

thats insane going through that much air.. I must be getting old but now I just lift and drive,

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
warrantykiller said:
whats so bad about a 3 link.. its just as strong and reliable as a 4 link..
Not to bash, but it's really only as strong and reliable as the installer makes it. Unless he buys a kit, or pays a reputable shop to do it, I wouldn't advise it unless he's got some metal worknig experience under his belt.

·
Registered
835 Posts
minis_r_us said:
this is on a 06 taco

You have to love bobbys frame work.. the guys is an amazing fabricator. he made control arms for my tacoma as well

·
Registered
150 Posts
Chris said:
Not to bash, but it's really only as strong and reliable as the installer makes it. Unless he buys a kit, or pays a reputable shop to do it, I wouldn't advise it unless he's got some metal worknig experience under his belt.
that goes for anything.. but in general a properly set up 3 link is just as strong and reliable as a 4 link.. thats what i meant by it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts