Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of u guys have wires under the hood? whats better...vitek or nology? any suggestions? what do u guys have if u have?

·
Registered
232 Posts
i really don't know what the major difference performance-wise is...but i like the ViTek wires because they're available in assorted colors to dress up the engine a bit. That's just me though. If/when you find out the difference between the two...let me know. later!

·
Registered
282 Posts
The nology wires look like their built better, but i figure you won't notice a huge difference till you pair it to an ignition amp.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I'm looking at buying a new set of wires, too. Is there a special ViTek kit I need for my Tacoma or not? Our plug ends are different than my last truck, so do I need to order something special?

·
Registered
232 Posts
AWIZEGUY4U-i plan on getting ViTek wires too...can i do the same as Jeff if you don't mind? lemme know...

D

·
0 Posts
I have a 95 Taco with a Jacobs Pro Street Ignition. I really didn't notice a huge difference in power, could it be that I am still running stock plug wires? The one's they sent would not fit. Please let me know what you think.

D

·
0 Posts
Question , i have magnacores on my 96 cost 180 not going to do that again....does anyone run nology and if so what do you guys think about them ...i read there site they look strong, The next question is about an MSD boxs i have I have the 6a and i was told that i cant run platnium plug . Do any of you have a suggestions on some plugs (performance plugs) that will work with the msd box?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I got a MSD box as well....i run NGK's or Denso.....also i have a set of Vitek and NGK wires both run great...Also about magnacore or any other wires...when they say we carry 8mm or 100mm, mm doesn't matter its the wire inside that makes the diff; the extra mm is just insulation.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well I have Magnacor wires under my hood.. but wires are wires.. don't spend too much on them.. i just got them cause they we the only 8mm RED ones out in the market at the time... you should only get them if it is for looks.. but for performance.. you stock ones are just a good

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Don't run Nology wires... they are a waste.. you pay extra for the external ground...All these wires look tough. maybe better.. but remember they are all tested on TOP FUEL ,12 cyl race cars.. it won't make a differnece in our trucks... for the park plug.. yeah you can run platinums cause they get HOT TOOOO FAST... NGK-R 2 step colder. $1.40 a piece... nothing beats it.. geat with Nitrous too. I have MSD 6a with Blaster 3 coil... did anyone else have problems installing the MSD box where it wouldn't start.. then you had to order another part that is a small silver transfomer? This was like in 97 when I had it installed.. I was wondering if the later models had the same problem

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the info ....I had to get a "tach adapter" after my install
Question my friend that owns a performance shop said there is no way to install a coil due to the fact that the stock coil is in the dst.
Do you have any suggestions on how to install a coil

1 - 20 of 28 Posts