Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i install a Drivers window switch into the passanger door will it Automatically role down like the Driverside? Could i install one for the Passenger switch thats on the Drivers DOOR too?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm in the same boat, not sure if it is in the switch or not. If you have an alarm with an available output you can add a DEI 530T and get remote control and auto down, and I think up. If you make it happen with the switch let us know. This would be a cool new mod. :waytogo:

·
Registered
114 Posts
If i install a Drivers window switch into the passanger door will it Automatically role down like the Driverside? Could i install one for the Passenger switch thats on the Drivers DOOR too?
Hey I'm not sure if the 05+ are set up exactly the same way but I was thinking about doing this in my 03 and the dealership told me the drivers switches are set up as a cluster so you can't buy a single switch with that auto up and down. My friend has a Prius and I'm pretty sure the passenger seat has the auto down so maybe you could look into one of those. :shrug: Good luck.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
Hey I'm not sure if the 05+ are set up exactly the same way but I was thinking about doing this in my 03 and the dealership told me the drivers switches are set up as a cluster so you can't buy a single switch with that auto up and down. ...
You are correct ... In the 2001 - 2004 generation, the Auto Down 'feature' ('logic', whatever ...) is built into the power window master switch. Here is a 2003 power window wiring diagram illustrating this ...

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
Now here's the 2006 wiring diagram for the power window circuit. It would appear that Toyota has continued their practice of embedding the Auto Down feature within the master switch unit ...

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
when i use to have an 03 i was thinking of switching out the switches in my dads 01 4runner to see if they would work, the switches on the 4runner have the auto up/down and the bezels look the same. but i never came around to do it. this maybe your answer. i have an 09 now

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok guys, you dont have to change any switches or any thing like that
just get a DEI 530T window module.like 39 bucks.its a little box that wires right up to the exsisting switches... got mine in the door and it seems fine... they are all you need..they are really nice..when you arm the alarm/lock doors, both front wondows will roll up.this also ads one touch up and one touch down.on both windows...from the drivers door. and if you want one touch up down for your passenger all you do is wire 2 wires from the module to the passenger door. and they both now have one touch up and down. oh and also you can roll down the windows from the remote hit the (AUX)botton once and it vents 2 inches. hold the button for 2 sec and it rolls down all the way.. if your remote has an aux botton... its a really nice mod...I like it alot...mine is in a 06 extra cab

1 - 9 of 9 Posts