Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Who has the fastest taco here?

5K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  CASlim 
#1 ·
What is your fastest time at the track? Mine is 15.2

G
#27 ·
Palmdales elevation is higher and I have raced at both Palmdale LACR and Pomona. The correction for Palmdale's times is no more than .6 of a second. Your 15.98 in Palmdale corrected to sea level would be more like a 15.3. I am sure that other racers up at Palmdale will confirm this elevation correction.

On my turbo car I noticed that I needed to crank up the boost to post better times while at LACR. While at Pomona I could run lower boost.

#28 ·
I know that, if you read my top post, my new time is 15.38 at Palmdale. So with a .6 correction, I ran a 14.78 (give or take a few tenths) at sea level (Pomona). That time is high 14 like I said before.

G
#33 ·
Hey Rich,

Did your limiter cut you off at that point, or did you still have more left? I'm going to be taking a trip this weekend and I know my S will do at least 120mph. I'd estimate about 126-128mph? Do you know the formula to determine the speed based on rpms with the stock gears?

MC

#45 ·
I don't know if you guys read last year Road & Track article on "Kings of the Drag Strip".. but Rod Millans Pike's Peek Tacoma did 9 seconds on the strip.. his first time ever drag racing with off road tires... better yet it was a 4 cyl 2.1L turbo charged AWD... now that is BAD ASS

visit here: <a href="http://www.rodmillen.com">http://www.rodmillen.com</a href>
Now that's a spoiler I would like to have!!!

#47 ·
Rotary's aren't all that...they do rev to the moon but they have to push alot of rpm's to get good power and torque..in high horsepower rotary engines there not very reliable you see alot of em in glamis blowing up on the hill or having problems,and getting smoked by suburu 4 cyl turbo's....an s2000 has a piston moter that pushes 10k ...not many other's can do that ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.