Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of oil do any XR owner use? The local dealer here in Honolulu told me to change the oil after the first 1,000 miles, which is what i did, but i used a full synthetic by valvoline for the first change. Does anyone have any suggestions on what oil type i should use.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Re: Oil

I use Mobil 1. Watch out, someone is going to throw the search button at you

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts

They mean the topic has been covered lots of times, if you searched the forum you would find the threads.

I also use mobil 1, but some say its overrated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

sorry guys, i didnt realize it has been discussed in the past. Ill be sure to look it up before i start any new threads.

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts

Do not listen to XRobber and especially Gadget, they have no idea what they'r talking about :nana:

·
Registered
106 Posts

Go with an extended drain interval full synthetic. I used the Mobil extended mileage for a long time in my old Sentra but switched to Amsoil for the X. Its nice to only have to change the oil once or twice a year.

·
Registered
419 Posts

rx-runner said:
no worries, just people here act like the police hhahaahahahah, there is plenty of informations on here, so if you have a question go head and ask
Where's Kauss when you need him ? :selfbonk:

·
Registered
319 Posts

Been using Castrol Syntec 5W-30 since my first oil change with no problems. Been using Castrol in all my vehicles with no problems.

·
CLOSER TO MADNESS
1,890 Posts

I've used alot of different oils out there.... STi's burn oil no matter what....They love to eat Mobil 1 like no tomorrow... When I changed to Amsoil, NO oil consumption... When I cant get my hands on Amsoil, Royal Purple does the trick, again NO oil consumption. Not to mention my EGT's drop 100 deg. with either oil....Tells me something......:D Hpoe this helps you man.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just switched to using Mobil 1 at my 15,000km (approx. 10,000 miles) oil change. I've always been told that you shouldn't use synthetic oil until the engine is fully broken in. The apparent reason is that synthetic oil is so good at preventing engine wear it would never wouldn't let the engine break in properlly and oil consumption could occure later in it's life.

Just what I've heard and it kind of made sense to me so I've always waited 'till about the third oil change before making the switch to synthetic. :waytogo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts