Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need your help! Ive got a dead stock 04' Tacoma 4 door 4x4 with the 3.4 liter V6 and its time to upgrade front and rear shocks. I do some light to medium off roading once in awhile (slow stuff only) so would like to switch to coil overs up front. My question is which seem to be best? Im not looking for cheapest or to break the bank, but just want dependable, quality, best value and ride. So far the ones that have been mentioned to me are FOX, King and ICON. Please give me your suggestions and experiences with these and other brands and help me make a good decision. Thanx!

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you're set on CO's and mostly do slower offroading, then King or Fox would be better for you. Icon use a different type of valving that is for higher speed offroading.

Bilsteins are good too if you don't want to worry about rebuilding. You can also can look into OME as well for a non-rebuildable shock.

I have 5100's on my 4runner and they ride smooth. I have Icon on my Tacoma and they also ride great and do a better offroad than the 5100's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts