Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I slammed 3k of quikrete into the back of my taco last week. Lets just say she was lowwww. Pulled it well motor wise but the tires were bout to blow LMAO

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I hauled 1600 lbs of concrete back when I was stock height and I thought that was a lot. Can't believe you did 3000 lbs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine is stock ride height as well . It was a damn load for sure I was just worried about the back tires.

·
Good Fuel Mileage Truck
1,416 Posts
Hauled two 250 gallon of water containers. One was full, it was placed closest to the cab the empty one was on the rear so I could unload it by hand. Then I transferred the water from the full one inside my truck bed to the empty one on the ground.

Water weighs 8.33 lbs per gallon = 2,082.5 lbs
Plus two containers = (@150 lbs each)

Hauled it almost 20 miles up & down rolling hills along a curvy 2 lane country back road.

Before that I hauled all of the 1/2" decking plywood, plus tar paper rolls, plus shingles for the roof to a 20'x20' cabin I built.

Both times my tires were rubbing on the fender wells.

I have also hauled a 5 piece leather sectional. It had 2 reclining sections, pull out sleeper and a chaise lounge. Hauled it over 100 miles. Heavy & an awkward load to strap down.

The largest towing I've done was a 16ft double axle enclosed trailer w/ barn doors in the back and a sidedoor & rooftop air conditioning. It was loaded with tables, chairs and camping equipment and sound system. I was turbo charged with this feat. Barking the tires when shifting to second gear.
I was more curious if I could actually do it than I was safe. No safety chains, no trailer brakes, no tow hitch (just a ball on the bumper)
On the first flat part of the road, I gave it all she got from a stop out to about 1/2mi. I got it up to 80+mph. After than, I slowed it down to norval speeds for the country road I was on. I pulled it great for the short 20 miles I needed to pull it.

I use it as the truck it is. Many times hauling my Harley Davidson bagger. Once from Arkansas to El Paso, TX. & back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
nothing too major, but heres a pic from my arlo camera that i could find of an engine hoist haul lol truck is lowered 3/4 and for some reason rides better with a semi heavy load, why is that? sorry shitty pic but better than no pic.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,779 Posts
Pickups typically ride better with weight in the bed, because they're designed to be hauling weight. That's why I often left my winter sand bags loaded all year round.

Reactions: fredfifty
221 - 230 of 230 Posts