Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
It's a '59 AirStream Overlander. Not very heavy, and good for short hauls on the SR. I have an FJ for long hauls.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Haven't taken it to the scales after the resto, so I have no idea, but it pulls alot easier than a car trailer with a compact car on it. It helps to have a load level hitch. Keeps it from squatting.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
It's a '59 AirStream Overlander. Not very heavy, and good for short hauls on the SR. I have an FJ for long hauls.
yeah, can't be very heavy with only a single axle and no trailer brakes.

Those are the hotrod of trailers, always liked em.. :waytogo:

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I'll sell this one to you. Lol. Fresh resto! :waytogo:
I think it would look killer behind a 50's pickup truck with matching wheels and tires.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That airstream is crazy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do deliveries of furniture all the time. I must say that my taco has been loaded like this lots of times. And a lot more at some points. But heck. The truck paid its self back already.I'm thinking max load i have put on it would be about 1400 lbs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I put a 1941 Chevy 4dr Special Deluxe sedan on a U-haul car trailer and towed it from Wyoming to the Virginia coast with my S-Runner. Was hitting 80 across the plains and never got below 60 over the mountains and that was without flooring it. Now U-Haul has new rules and they said I couldn't haul the same car across town with my Taco. I did get them to make an exception though.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
My desert trip, pulled my Jeep (hardtop, 33's full cage, HEAVY) 3 dirtbikes, 25 gallons of extra fuel, gearbags, food, water, etc, etc....

I guess I was pulling about between 5 and 6 thousand extra pounds, and to make it more interesting the Jeep doesnt have one of those brake module thingys so it was really pushing the truck on downhills and stopping was interesting, had to be very careful and allow plenty of runout room, but it did great!!

Take a look at my Gypsy setup, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
my ego:cool: &
A 3 foot trophy from slamfest in tampa florida to winchester virginia lol
in 2003, 2004, & 2005
had to weigh at least 2 pounds
had to dis-assemble it to put it in the xtra cab

spare tire, detailing supplies for a show, maybe a tent & a cooler.:drinking:
sorry guys all twerk, no werk.

some of you guys amaze me with what you are willing to strap in and head down the road! :runaway::jawdrop:

201 - 220 of 230 Posts