Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
i towed a mitsubishi lancer from lodi, ca. to redding, ca. at 90mph in 4th gear on Interstate 5 for 3/4s of the way with my 04 single cab. 2 months later the tranny had to be rebuilt, but i dont think the towing had anything to do with that, cuz im still running the stock rear end besides the power trax locker i put in it afterwards.

·
Registered
929 Posts
i towed a mitsubishi lancer from lodi, ca. to redding, ca. at 90mph in 4th gear on Interstate 5 for 3/4s of the way with my 04 single cab. 2 months later the tranny had to be rebuilt, but i dont think the towing had anything to do with that, cuz im still running the stock rear end besides the power trax locker i put in it afterwards.
if you were towing anything why would you go 90mph? The lancer is on the trailer...not the pavement.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to tow this ugly lady.

I'd be spinning my wheels tho, trying to get her out of the water. 5mt made it a little trickier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This summer I moved for California to Alaska and towed at 10ft trailer 3000 miles in a week with my mini. Had to crawl up a couple grades, but we made it without too much trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,084 Posts

49 Chevy with trailer about 6000 lbs
LOL now thats a load for a mini!

My truck likes to pull heavy things, but shes made for it, put 10k behind her more than once too.

the mini used to haul band equipment all the time before I bagged it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Probably a tie between four 37x12.5 mud terrains and matching 15 inch wheels for a friend's K5 for a little over 70 miles and my annual firewood haul from my grandfather's property to my house for the winter (fill it up until it bubbles over and I can't see out the rear glass.)

Other than that, maybe 100lbs of gravel every now and then. But usually just a backpack or two.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My family has a furniture business up here, and I hauled a 7x14 enclosed trailer completely filled with furniture with my 98 Tacoma that had 290K... My clutch hated me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not the Biggest but a funny picture, (before the new tail lights), Ive put a hell of a lot more then 1000 in her, ive had a full truck (in my double cab) with 5 or 6 full grown people with a full cooler of beer in the bed and a trailer of canoes for Ca-brewin'... i did have a little trouble getting up out of the parking area because it was up a hill

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I read the entire thread to get an an idea how much I can haul and tow with my 2004, 2.4l Xtracab.
I have an add a leaf 2" boost in the rear and 1.4" spacers in the front + four new shocks.
This is what my truck looks like now.

I have been looking at this 950lb truck camper for small trucks, what do you think?
The Ranger in the pic looks like it is squatting a bit.. Do think my truck with the added spring leaves could handle it?

I would prefer a truck camper, but if it isn't practical, I have been looking at these light campers too. What do you think the maximum weight to EASILY tow would be?
Not looking for a heavy weight that it can barely do infrequently.

http://www.microlitetrailer.com/downloads/vymeron1-2.pdf

thanks.

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I wouldn't do it without air shocks and a rear swaybar.. :eek:

I read the entire thread to get an an idea how much I can haul and tow with my 2004, 2.4l Xtracab.
I have an add a leaf 2" boost in the rear and 1.4" spacers in the front + four new shocks.
This is what my truck looks like now.

I have been looking at this 950lb truck camper for small trucks, what do you think?
The Ranger in the pic looks like it is squatting a bit.. Do think my truck with the added spring leaves could handle it?

I would prefer a truck camper, but if it isn't practical, I have been looking at these light campers too. What do you think the maximum weight to EASILY tow would be?
Not looking for a heavy weight that it can barely do infrequently.

http://www.microlitetrailer.com/downloads/vymeron1-2.pdf

thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hauled 42 8 inch blocks in my old 2rz taco. The front end was barely on the ground. I dragged my trailer hitch a coule of times. What a heavy load that was.

181 - 200 of 230 Posts