Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Just as the title states, what's the biggest engine you've seen in a Taco? For me, it would have to be a Chevy 350 which was on Ebay a good while back, had to be a really neat little sleeper/project. Im curious to see if a 383 stroker maybe could fit in it :shrug:

·
Registered
2 Posts
tacomadoublecab said:
Greetings,
Just as the title states, what's the biggest engine you've seen in a Taco? For me, it would have to be a Chevy 350 which was on Ebay a good while back, had to be a really neat little sleeper/project. Im curious to see if a 383 stroker maybe could fit in it :shrug:
A 383 stroker is a small block 350:selfbonk: just with different internal's:looney:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:brickknoc I had no clue because Im not a big chevy fan. The only motors Im really knowledgable about is Ford's and I've never saw a Ford engine in a Taco before...

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
383 is a four bolt main 350. bored I think 60 over... I saw one in there. but the guy told me that he had to strengthen the frame because it was getting latteral movement when he launched. I saw a 454 in a pretaco. and that was really big cut fenderwells and everything

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
I saw the classis 350 small block chevy, with 4 barrels...
I'm sure you could stuff in the LS1 too (since it's a 5.7 liter)....
There is this guy near my house, he has swapped his rotary 13B out of his old FC3, and replaced it with the LS1...nuff said !
So I'm sure it would fit into a Tacoma too...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
smj999smj said:
A 383 is a 350 production block with a 400 production crank, harmonic balancer and flexplate/flywheel.
and a .030 overbore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts