Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uhhhhhhhh anyone have any clue what is causing this?

neighbor comes to the door and sais my truck is smokin..

I open the door.. its takin my breath away..
It's still doin it as Im typing this..

Taco Curse?

FD was there and couldn't make sence out of it either?? :shrug:
It doesn't smell like fire nor can i find the source..
Smells like a radio shack sorta..

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
You need to pull the batt.cable and check under the dash REAL good...find the source, you sure your not just hotboxin' it again...!

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
the kids down the street have been hot boxin your truck again :lol::lol::lol:

on a more serious note that is really scary. I remember one day i went out to the garage and my pops car was just straight up on fire while it was off, now that was some scary ****!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
hmm...something like this happened in a car i was working on the other day, but, it was either freon, or radiator fluid, never found out which one, maybe something like that?

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
ahhhh:runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

that is scary...I came home from work one night and went to cut my truck off but it kept tryin to start itself back up and I could hear the starter constantly turning...well needless to say by the time I got the battery cables off they had gotten so hot that they melted the terminal on the battery and even when I got it disconnected the starter kept turning and burning and smoking...I kept thinkin somethin was gonna catch on fire..........no clue where that smoke is comin from though

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Chris D. said:
HOLY SHlT.... I figured out what it was..
I'll tell ya a little later on tonight.. your not going to believe this!
Chris is a very intelligent man as we all know on this forum and I'm sure if somethins broke or burnt, he can fix it !:waytogo:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am betting your evaporator to your A/C went bad in your dash and the condensed freon is coming out in your truck some thing happened to mine smelled like somthing terrible had to roll the windows down and not drive it for week and a half so it could air out.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
I'm starting to like sgtmetal's Freon theory ... That would explain why Chris said it didn't smell quite like a fire ... :thinking:

I've only seen that happen once - many years ago. A pinhole leak in the A/C resulted in a fine mist of (no doubt carcinogenic) stuff that wafted like smoke ...

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
Waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiitttttttttt a minute ..... :thinking:

Has Chris been doing more interior lighting experiments? He said in this thread less than 24 hours ago:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73759

... that he'd done a 'quick battery test preview' of some LED's he'd picked up ... :doah:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts