Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight homies, I got a 98 taco standard cab, I wanna get a f/b/s/s MIC airbag kit installed on my truck, Ok i went to a shop and they said they will charge 700 dollars for installation and with that installation my truck would lay frame. I was wonderin what size rims would be good on my truck if im layin frame. Also if im gonna pay 700 to get my truck to lay frame should i go ahead and buy a drop kit and get that installed or is that not necessary.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wow, only 700.00. Does that include all the parts or just the labor? Let me know how their work is once you get it back from the shop. Do they guarantee their work and products. Where can I find this shop. Wow...Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
The bags will replace your front coils to lower the front. you may want to buy the DJM lowering kit to help with the alignment. This kit will also have you flip the ball joints. For the rear you will need a step notch and probably a 4 link, not sure if you can lay frame without a 4-link. The bigger wheels/tires you get, the more you have to do to lay frame. There is plenty of welding to do for the rear to mount the bags. Does the kit come with brackets? If not, they have have to be made or bought.

·
Registered
282 Posts
700 sounds way too cheap... you gonna need to notch it, + the bags, + weld jobs, + compressor, +reserve tank... watch it.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Has this shop done this before? Have you seen there work? I would hate for you to use them and then have to go somewhere else to have it done correctly and safely. Bags dont just replace stock parts. There are brackets that have to be made or bought and plenty other fabrication and welding. I would suggest a shop that does this on a regular basis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts