Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohhhh MY F*&^$*ing god... These guys at the local tire place can eat cat sh*& and die. Can someone please tell what after market rims fit a 3" lifted 2005 V6 Tacoma 6 lug pattern. Maybe I'm to stupid to figure it out, but the local shop guys just proved they are for sure............................ :brickknoc any make and style...... just looking for ideas

·
Banned
2,554 Posts
Theres a ton of posts that answer this. Try searching...

The most common backspacing of wheels that fit are 4.5", but you may have to grind a corner of your brake calipers for some...

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
there are plenty. Read through the first 5-10 pages of this section and you should see several. Also search cardomain.com.

I have Mickey Thompson Classic Locks in 17x9 with 4.5" backspace. I also have a 3" lift and 285/70/17s. :waytogo:

pics in my gallery

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have been searching the answer to this one too. It seems that you may find one post that a certain wheel fits, then in another someone says they do not. If you go to a 17" rim you get more wheel options but less and more expensive tire options. I want to stay with 16's but I have tried ordering and been told by the wheel company the do not fit or they will not guarantee fitment. Even by some sellers the same thing. I am itchin to get new wheels and go to a 285/75/r16 but I still have not been 100% assured of what fits. I am looking at the Ultra 50 series 16x8 right now I hope to find a source that can confirm they fit.
I did a search as suggested by everyone and became more confused than when I started.
I have seen helo max 6's on several and American racing mojaves on some too (all 16's) but one of the sellers told me the mojaves that size won't fit and would not sell them to me.
I also have been finding hard to find a local seller that also has the correct wheel balancing equipment for a lug centric wheel.Let me know what you find out.
L8R Nick

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the more i search the more I get confused. I'm not looking to grind anything on my truck. Just looking for a rim that will fit. I never thought that there would be that much involved in it......

·
Banned
2,554 Posts
peterpoop said:
will these rims fit?

Rock Crawler Series 97
Size: 17 X 9 Bolt Pattern: 8-6.5
Back Spacing: 4.5 Finish: Black Painted
They should fit. You may have a caliper clearance issue, but 1/4" spacers or a light grinding of the corner of the caliper usually fixes it.

Check Cardomain also to see if any other 05+'s are running that wheel.
Good Luck

·
Banned
2,554 Posts
LOL... correct! I didn't even look at the bolt pattern, just the backspacing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
George4drV6 said:
What does lift have to do with rims????
some lifts the device (spacer/coil over) or parts used to lift the vehicle is slightly large in diameter then the factory spring, so you need to get an wheel with extra backspacing to move the wheel away from the spring.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Stay 4-4.5"BS and you will be safefrom clearing the Upper control arm. But as for the brakes?????? test fit first, unless you know of another Taco running the same rims.
Brands that fit include but not limited to:
Mickey Thompson Classic II
MB motoring
MotoMetal
HeloMaxx
Welds
Some american racing
Procomp
Dick Cepek

Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts