Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could tell me what kind [brand? flare size?] is this bed?

Thanks,
Tam

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
2000 Tacoma pre runner TRD off road... but you prolly already knew that form looking at it.

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rednecktaco said:
looks like fiberglass side look how thick it is at the top.
Yeah, it's got glass bedsides. I'm just wondering if it's a Hanneman or a Glassworks, or some other brand. Any one got tips on relocating the fuel door if I were to go with something like this bed?

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. It does look to be the glassworks bedsides. The one in the pic has a small potato size gouge/chunk on the passenger side and they did a shotty job of where the relocated the gas filler.

...but I got the entire bed for $250 :D

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
wow that is a pretty good deal. just work on it . and it would be good. make sure that you brace and make it tight.. be sure to post pics!!!

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
there are a lot of different ways to brace it. Some do triangulation under the bed between the frame and the bed. some uses square tubing running across horizontally in the same place. I think it just depends on if you are going to keep the tailgate if not you have to run 2 bars to support the back end of the bed. Or if you carry anything you might want to do as I stated before.

btw maybe throw this up to the guys in ttora or in the 4wd forum I think they might help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts