1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have alot of work into my truck but i'll stick to the subject

i have Downey headders
Downey Y pipe
Magnaflow cat
and a gibson exhaust

there a few issues i have

#1 the y pipe keeps slipping off the headders no matter how tight the clamps are.

#2 the gibson sounds awful and feels like it holds back some power

can i have some opinions of who makes the best exhaust system

from headders to tail pipe
magnaflow?
Gibson?
flomaster?
TRD?
Dynomax?
JBA?
borla?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the sound i would like

at idle i want to hear that theres been work done but at the same time doesnt wake up the neighborhood

i also want a throaty bad ass sound when i romp on it but not so loud i have to turn my sterio up or yell inodrer to talk to the person im driving with

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
SPROCKIT said:
the sound i would like

at idle i want to hear that theres been work done but at the same time doesnt wake up the neighborhood

i also want a throaty bad ass sound when i romp on it but not so loud i have to turn my sterio up or yell inodrer to talk to the person im driving with
You're the kid that wants 600 hp right of his 5VZ with a Whipple S/C and custom this and that ? You are the one that "know" how to make 600 hp right ? That's what you were talking about in the previous thread right ?...and now (once again) you come up, and asking "who makes a good exhaust" ?
And "I also want a throaty bad ass sound...bla bla bla" ?....:rolleyes:....REALLY....no comment.
You planned out "everything". You know how to make this and that....and now you come up here and ask who make a good exhaust system...:applause:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
That's far better than pretending to know what's up then bitching when it blow up on him! i.e. FIDANZA Flywheel...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i never said anything about making 600 hp

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
go with a flowmaster

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANK YOU ...someone actually giving an opinion insted of talking ****

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Sprockit... get yourself a magnaflow 18" that'll sound sick with your setup!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any advice on the headers
are TRD the best i mean are they worth the $900

or is it just the name

think i should stick with downey?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only reason i dont like those is because they seem to be "shorties"

i have a set that i never put on because the inner diameter of the exhaust ports is like half an inch smaller than the oem manifolds

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
it's just an opinion! Downey is good too... or you can cut the flanges and make your own...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i gotta say im not verry impressed with the downey y pipe i may just say the heck with it and have a headder back system made

1 - 16 of 16 Posts