Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just swapped my 2wd chrome bumper to a 95-97 4WD and kept the 2WD valance. it looks good with the pre runner fenders i put on. what do you guys think? should i keep it or go back to the 2WD chrome bumper w/ signal lights? i also put in the 4WD grille. about to put billet in both

and how do i prep the valance for paint. i wanna smooth it out so i can paint match it?

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
KEEP IT..... but I am not too sure on how to do the smoothing out part.ask somebody that does body work and paint. they might be willing to tell you.....

LOOKS GOOD!!!!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
looks amazing, are you going to relocate your blinker into your corner lights? I wouldnt even put a billet grill in there, though it wouldnt look bad, but personally Im tired of billet grills for now, great work!! I always liked to see the progress of your truck, pretty damn quick :waytogo:

oh and add some crystal clear headlights when you get the chance, it will make your front end complete!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
get some flexing agent for the primer, and spray it on the valance, wet sand the primer til its smooth, might have to apply a few coats between wetsanding to get it really smooth. dont forget the flexing agent tho, otherwise the paint will just flex. also special primer so it bonds to the plastic.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dropitmore said:
looks amazing, are you going to relocate your blinker into your corner lights?
im still trying to figure out how to do this mod. anybody in the area wanna help me out. i wanna change my corners to signals so i wont get stopped by the cops. and another thing, i stil have the 2WD mounting brackets and i was wondering if it would fit better if i had the 4WD ones on there.

and for the t rex billet inserts. do i just cut out some of the valance and the black shell attached to the grille? i dont know much about billet inserts.

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
noelsmykuya said:
im still trying to figure out how to do this mod. anybody in the area wanna help me out. i wanna change my corners to signals so i wont get stopped by the cops. and another thing, i stil have the 2WD mounting brackets and i was wondering if it would fit better if i had the 4WD ones on there.

and for the t rex billet inserts. do i just cut out some of the valance and the black shell attached to the grille? i dont know much about billet inserts.
it is not that hard there is a write up in tech section but no pictures. Make sure you have the right socket and mount because some of the mounts are smaller than the bulb and that is not going to work because you have to dremel the stock location bigger to fit the bulbs.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i effin love that truck. i wanna do the same but leave the corners. which billet insert did he buy. 2WD or 4WD?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
My truck is black metallic so i just used duplicolor black and valance matched good enough. I sanded, primered, painted, and hen used a few coats of clear.
To do a perfect job you need a pro with a paint booth and all the other good stuff like paint gans and such. If you do it yourself with that color I would get some color matched paint using your color code.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts