Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took possession of my black '07 last Tuesday. Just a fun truck to drive. Haven't even probed the limits of its ability to stick to the road yet.

The shifter's throw is just a tad too long, which mostly I notice because of interference with the center console and my elbow, but its not horrible.

I wouldn't describe my shifter feel as notchy...I've had no trouble locating gears at any time. It does have a positive engagement feel, which I like. Don't care for shifters that require zero effort...they feel too vague.

Gear whine is noticeable...particularly in 1st. Is that a characteristic of this transmission?

While its not a quick as my turbo Ranger was (yet), the powerband is very broad and useable, and driving it on a daily basis is a pure pleasure. The exhaust note is superb for a stock vehicle.

All fit & finish is more than sufficient for my requirements; its a great looking truck inside and out.

Factory options: tint, bed divider (will need modding to accomodate aftermarket tonneau), toyoguard package.

Stuff in boxes waiting to be installed: weathertech liners, trd seat covers, doorsill protectors, tailgate lock, truxedo lo-pro tonneau (I'm partial to a soft tonneau on a black truck). Its a daily-driver...want to keep it nice.

Performance mods will just have to wait...I can't dig into a perfectly good new truck...just doesn't feel right.

So basically, you guys were right, very unlikely anyone with sense could be dissapointed in this truck.

Cheers

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Nicator said:
Gear whine is noticeable...particularly in 1st. Is that a characteristic of this transmission?
characteristic of toyota MT id say. my dads old 84 did it too. almost the same exact noise.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
where in south FL? check the southeast events section. we are trying to get a monthly meet going.

·
Registered
324 Posts
im guessing u lose the warranty after the supercharger?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts