Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as too much waxing??? Let's say I wash my truck once a week... would it be overkill to wax it every week too??

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you have all that free time, then not really. If you're doing it to achieve a constant shine, then you should just use meguiars nxt spray wax, quik wax, or quik detailer.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I used to wax it every week, but now once or twice a month. My truck is hardly outside in the sun, so there's no need.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
I think that would be alil crazy..I do wash mine alot but not wax...I havent even waxed my truck yet 7k on it

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Every week certainly isn't necessary. Even the worst waxes, in regards to durability (usually those with high carnuba contents), will last three weeks or more. It won't hurt anything, but you won't really benefit, either. I wax my car 1-2 times a month, usually because I'm bored, though, not because it needs it.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i wash my truck about 2xs a week but that is because i work in a pretty high traffic industrial area and get a lot of dirt blown up on my truck. but i wax abotu everyother weekend.

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kyle said:
Every week certainly isn't necessary. Even the worst waxes, in regards to durability (usually those with high carnuba contents), will last three weeks or more. It won't hurt anything, but you won't really benefit, either. I wax my car 1-2 times a month, usually because I'm bored, though, not because it needs it.
Thank you sir... I will definetly heed your advice.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I just started using a product called Duragloss Aquawax (tonight was my first time using it, actually). I'm actually a little behind with this product, but it is very nice. Its a spray wax, that you don't even let haze. Just spray it on a clean truck, and wipe it off. It adds extra gloss and makes the surface slick again. Its very nice for giving that "just waxed" look (on a car that already has fairly fresh wax to begin with). Its not meant as a QD, though, so the surface needs to be clean, but it works like a QD in its simplicity, and adds gloss and slickness that you don't get with typical QDs.

·
Flaming Bastard
9,442 Posts
I use Zaino, so I go 3-4 months between coats. I don't have time to wax every week.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
BoostError said:
I use Zaino, so I go 3-4 months between coats. I don't have time to wax every week.
Yes, exactly.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
trikos said:
Have you guys used any spray wax, if so what kind and how are the results? :shrug:
Read my reply a couple posts up.

If you want a spray wax to use as the final step (that is, you're not going to use a traditional liquid or paste carnuba or sealant) then you should look into Opitmum Car Wax or Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger. I have no experience with either of these products, but from what I understand they are good enough to be used as your LSP (last step product).

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
trikos said:
I've tried that nano wax spray.I think it's by eagle one.Is this spray any good?
I believe thats meant to be a booster wax. Meaning, you're supposed to use a traditional wax and use that every week (or every other week) to extend the life of your wax in between coats.

·
damn
6,533 Posts
i wash mine like 3-4x weekly. wax usually when it starts lookin scuzzy or before a show. Its holding out just fine

·
damn
6,533 Posts
nah..i just have nothing better to do actually.

actually...funny story...This girl i dated for a while the first time we met was at a carwash..She called me up and asked what i was doing and i told her washing the truck..so she lived like a block from there and said she was comming out...i miss that girl..lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts