Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im looking for the best wax that i could pick up at like, autozone/advance auto/pep boys that would be not too expensive, and, whatever would be the best one for a black vehicle, i want something that will make it look REALLY good, any help?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
My buddy scratched up his new black truck in the bushes..I told him to get Meguires deep system polish...cleaner wax, It not only puts a coat of wax, but takes out scratches,bug spots...etc. It's a great all around wax for daily driven vehicles. Took almost every scratch out of his battered new truck! Just the "cleaner wax" at the auto parts store..nothing super high end. works KILLER ! :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
LIQUID LUSTER you can get it at all the major car shows, that's what my boss uses on his black silverado show truck and he got me a bottle and it works great, better than anything i got from any mainstream was.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Ive always used EBONY on dark vehicles. Only found it at wholesale detail shops. High speed was best application.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, what everyday wax would be good, and any more tips on making it look REALLY good, if it looks really good, it could get me a job...anything? i did hear to spray a fine mist of water right before you take the wax off, anything like that/if thats true?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just about any wax from most autoparts stores is gonna be BASICALLY the same... that is, one is going to be either synthetic or real carnuba wax. Persoanlly, I like the Meguiars NXT wax. Very easy to apply and covers most fine scratches well. If you're lookin to get some scratches out, you're going to have to move to a more aggressive polish or compound depending on the scratch. Meguiars #83 and #80 work well with a DA polisher with a yellow pad for most light to moderate swirls.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Your wax doesn't matter. The deep look comes from the prep, not the wax. If you want the best look you need to remove restore the gloss and luster in your paint. In order to do this you need to remove the swirls and scratches in your paint using an abrasive polish and a dual action or rotary buffer. After that seal in perfect paint with a quality wax from a company like Meguiar's or Mothers and you're good to go.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i got the meguires paint cleaner, and polish, im probably gonna do it on the larger areas, and the NXT wax, and using deep crystal wash, wish me luck on it, maybe land me a job

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cant go wrong with nxt wax. Had a 1 month old coat before the recent San Diego meet and they thought my paint wasn't stock :evil:

But ya prep is all that matters. Mine was compounded at the shop (wetsanded on scratched emblem removal places)

Then I used meguiars cleaner and polish followed by nxt wax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts