Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Part acquired! No longer needed.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Control Shift Lever Retainer for a W59 tranny, along with shift lever.
The Control Shift Lever Retainer is visible in Enola's attachment a few posts below.

I can do local pickup in the San Francisco area (CA), or pay to have it shipped.

*Edited to properly identify part

Thanks

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,212 Posts
Are you talking about the center console piece(s) that surround the shifter?

What year / model Taco is this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the center console piece(s) that surround the shifter?

What year / model Taco is this?
Hi, thanks for the reply.
This transmission is a W59 transmission from a 2000 2WD Tacoma. Not sure exactly what model, picked it up from a junk yard.

Included a pic for clarity. I need the housing that covers the area circled in red.
I also need the shift lever that mounts into the housing.

Edit: It may be worth noting that I'm doing an auto to manual swap in my 98 2.4L 5 lug Tacoma. These are the last two parts I need.

Cheers.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Gas

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,212 Posts
I don't have a parts list that shows W59 component part numbers.

Here (attached) is a components illustration from the FSM. It appears there are two plates that mount to the W59 extension casing. In Toyotese they're called:

• Control Shift Lever Retainer
  • Oil Baffle Plate

These appear to be the parts visible within the red-circled area in your photo.

There is no additional 'housing' (on the transmission assembly). As far as I can tell, these are the parts that engage the shifter in the cab / interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the diagram. I was having difficulty finding this for the W59 (I could only manage to get a FSM for a 5VZ model Tacoma).

I'm going to correct my original post to reflect the drawing you posted.
By "Shifter housing," I mean I need a "control shift lever retainer."

And thanks for educating and helping me clarify my needs.

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,212 Posts
Do you know what vehicle that W59 came from?

I'm still not 100% certain the parts shown in the parts diagram exactly match the parts I see in your photograph.

It makes me wonder whether that W59 came from a 4Runner or a T100 and has a (rear) extension case that's different from the one used on the Tacoma.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just about to nab this, but checked eBay right before I did, and exactly what I needed went up on sale just today; shift lever with shift lever retainer.

Thanks for the link, though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts