Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title speaks for itself. Looking for a supercharger for a 2.7L. I know alot of people on this server like to turbo but s/c fits better for me. m90 or the m62. just let me know what you have thanks

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
the m90 is for the v-6... if you search ebay, you can find them cheap- you need the actually for you, I believe all years will fit from 95-04 because the intake ports on the 2.7 have been the same since beginning of the 3rz...

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay but I just cant go and get an m62 off ebay and it will just bolt up. Plus I have seen an alpine M90 on a 2.7 it looks like this:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
wow m90 fits? any extra fab?

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
WOW... because you can look up and Alpine S/C for the 2.7 and it looks totally different and is an M62... but WTF ya know... I go turbo!

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you go turbo ha I even put that in my first post about everyone here lovin turbos but I want to S/C and I if any one has one that is going to turbo and is getting rid of their other blower let me know.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
03TacoPre said:
you got more info on this....details bro!!!
Only a handful of m90 blowers for the 2rz/3rz made it into the country. TTORA made a deal with Alpine Develepments in South Africa and imported a few of them over here. Later on, TRD paid Alpine to make one for them, and they used the m62 blower and cast the TRD logo into the intake casting. An updated version of those same m62 blowers is availabe from Alpine and LCEngineering.

FYI, the m90 blowers to not come with the smog exemption that you can get with the m62 blowers.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
i would love to go SC but i dont know crap about them and no cash haha. in any case i would rather have a 6 cyl with an sc rather then the 4 cyl i heard the 4 cyl dont make nearly as much power as you would think. but i could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah a group buy would be a good idea. Ive been following LCE for specials and to see if the price drops but no it went up i gave them a call and they said it was a demand thing..... whatever that means. Anyways yeah if i can come up with something I will. Id also go to the ttor fourm and let them know too I know like 5 other people who want one too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts