Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a venom 400 on my 95 2.4 L. Well, the in cab LED light (that indicates when the unit is active) is on all the time even when the truck is just at an idle. Has anyone else done this install and is this normal? I thought it was only supposed to turn on when higher performance was wanted (>3,500 RPM). Let me know---thanks

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Check your hot wire. It sounds like you might have it hooked up wrong. You don't want a constant feed, you want the unit to only turn on when the key is turned on. That's my take.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, that isn't normal for it to be on all the time... i have the Venom 400 too and it should only be on when you are getting on the throttle hard. check all your wire connectios and make sure they are right... also, i don't know if you saw it in the manual or not, but don't flip the switch on or off while the truck is running, make sure the truck is off.

You may want to call Venom and see if the know.

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
any1 ever call python industries and ask why the light on the venom alway stayed on, im to lazy to do it myself lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I fixed the light problem last week, I just unhooked everything and then re installed it and it worked perfect after that, not sure exactly what was wrong but it works now so I'm happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts