Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the money???
Will taking out the two rear cats really make a noticable difference?:shrug:

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
If all works out I'll be getting the y pipe and exhaust really soon. My xr is stock with a volant intake, no tune. I kind of see this as an investment for the future when i get boosted.

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
ya i was thinking about it, but i figured id keep my magnaflow exhaust, sounds good, and has 3 inch piping after the muffler so if i ever go boost ill have incredible torque and great horsepower too.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
BadX said:
Is it worth the money???
Will taking out the two rear cats really make a noticable difference?:shrug:
lets just say onmy 2.4 which makes no where near as much exhaust as a 4.0.. if i ever had to put cats back on my truck.. i'd probally dedicate the truck to track duty and get another dd...lol it'll sound better, and have better mid to top end for sure:waytogo: all in all i hate cats:brickknoc

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
Xacto said:
ya i was thinking about it, but i figured id keep my magnaflow exhaust, sounds good, and has 3 inch piping after the muffler so if i ever go boost ill have incredible torque and great horsepower too.
you will still have the 2 last cats in there tho.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Xacto said:
ya that's true, but i want my truck to be street legal
...:shrug: ...then forget about it. End of the conversation.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yes, you'll notice a differance;)

Don't be to concerned with street legal, If you need to you can put it back to stock in a few minutes. Just keep your OEM parts.

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
Yeah what he said....
BadX I was wondering the same thing. One things for sure it will be a little louder and should feel a little more torgue.

I just remember you have some work done on the intake side already, this will definetly help. Get it!

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Alex B. said:
...:shrug: ...then forget about it. End of the conversation.

lol? i wasnt going to say anything else until you told me to not say anything else. haha oh the irony! :lol::doah:

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Xacto said:
lol? i wasnt going to say anything else until you told me to not say anything else. haha oh the irony! :lol::doah:
Well the point being is that unless the F/I route you're going to take is CARB certified, you're still not legal... So if you're gonig to get that far, might as well run catless...

The decision one should make is smog... Can you pass this regardless what you have on your truck? If so, then there is no question about it... CAT BE GONE...

Be prepared to have one loud / stinky ass truck though...

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
I doubt that it will get crazy loud when you remove the rear 2 cats. Time will tell.

Bring on the stinky loud truck!

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
XRobber, is it really stinky like noticable stinky?

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
i have no stink. you can tell something is up when you are next to the tailpipe and its running, but most would not notice. my truck is straight LOUD. it can be heard from miles when im on it. it was just about perfect with two cats gone (not running any now). i dont have any rasp either, just sounds like a beast :lol:

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Xacto said:
It's all good man...:lol:

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Jonathan said:
i have no stink. you can tell something is up when you are next to the tailpipe and its running, but most would not notice. my truck is straight LOUD. it can be heard from miles when im on it. it was just about perfect with two cats gone (not running any now). i dont have any rasp either, just sounds like a beast :lol:
yeah...until you get caught...then what ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts