Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been checking URD a lot recently and I saw they just developed a new Y pipe that eliminated the rear cats....There just are no real details as to pipe diameter....I am thinking of going for it if it goes to a 3" cat back to prep for my S/C in the future...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ya its 3" check the performance section there a big thread on it. Also end of the month the intake is coming out and in dec the A pillar pod is coming out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Christmas is gonna be sweet.....I wonder if you are able to mount the Y pipe to the stock exhaust at all....Would probably get the Y pipe for Christmas and then the 3" exhaust afterwards....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ok its does bolt up to the stock stuff or the new urd stuff (meaning exhaust). it deletes the rear cats, opens exhaust from 2.5" to 3", stainless so it wont rust, relieves some back pressure

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
I wouldn't actually buy a 3" pipe unless you're running the S/C... You'll lose a lot of low end if you use such a big pipe with a N/A truck...

I'm sure Gadget will agree? It's not that the pipe is bad, but you should have some sort of F/I before going so big...

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
True that though, it might balance it out, but it's still a bit too big for most N/A applications...

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
The y pipe is way less restrictive then the stock piping. Brian told me that it has been tested on a non s/c taco and it was a tad quicker then stock. Both the y pipe and the exhaust have been added to my wishlist kekeke.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ok everyone check the performance section under urd exhaust, the last pages are responses from gadget and the performance increases

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
RexRunner said:
ok its does bolt up to the stock stuff or the new urd stuff (meaning exhaust). it deletes the rear cats, opens exhaust from 2.5" to 3", stainless so it wont rust, relieves some back pressure
Yes, the Y pipe will bolt up to the stock exhaust.

Gadget

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ok sorry guys the Y pipe is not 3" its 2.25 so that will help alot with backpressure. heres the info from there website.

Y-Pipe for X-Runner, 2WD Tacoma (2005-2006)
This mandrel bent 304 stainless Y-Pipe weighs less than a stock y-pipe. It has one less bend than the stock system. Flow is improved. The Y-pipe completely bolts up to a stock truck. The 2.25" stainless steel pipe is tig welded, and
the hangers are also stainless. This Y-pipe can bolt up to other brands of cat back systems that also can bolt up to stock trucks. The flanges have stock OEM type recess for stock gaskets. Flat flanges will crush the gasket because
without the recess you will likely over torque thus getting an exhaust leak in short order.

Legal in California Only for Racing Vehicles Which May NEVER be Used on a Highway.

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
Hey Gadget, how about a group buy?....:shrug:

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
I have a question for everyone that got their headers replaced under warranty: Did the dealer have any problem removing the O2 sensors from the old headers? They broke at least one on mine. Im just worried that when I go to remove these sensors, they will break the same way as the others did. I saw the bill, even though it was covered under warranty, they were over a $100 each.:brickknoc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts