Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
If you got the URD fuel Upgrade kit, the new injectors are different from stock, and do not fit down into the bore that the old fuel injectors did. It was a bit confusing, but simply put, drop the new injectors in the holes, and when you reattach the fuel rail, the rail will seat the injectors into place. The only thing that holds them there are gravity, and the fuel rail on top. Hope this helps.

Swanie

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
azmudpuppy1 said:
I know Iam slow but the injectors are in and the plugs are gaped and installed.:clapping:
Slow is not important, taking your time and doing it right the first time is way more important. :D

Make sure you solder all the FTC connections to the trucks ECU. It is extremely important to have a good solid connection there. DO NOT use the wire crimping connectors, and if you did, go back and fix it before you start tuning, or you may have all kinds of weird troubles.

Glad to hear you got it done! :waytogo:

·
Registered
514 Posts
azmudpuppy1 said:
Ok Now the motor is all back together.How do you get enough wire out to work on?There's no room.:(
Which wires are you working on? If you're talking about the FTC to ECU wiring you can pull the engine harness through the firewall and work in it in the engine bay:

If you're talking about the injector wiring, good luck with that, I took off the engine harness and opened it up while the engine was on a stand:

·
more Ψ
2,682 Posts
Man, you got fat fingers!

I did all the work where the wires are! ...the hard way I guess!

I'm not much bigger than Pips right arm though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
514 Posts
azmudpuppy1 said:
Mt goat the firewall trick work well,Thanks. Maybe I'll get to start it tomorrow.:bow:
Great, yeah mine pulled through easy enough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts