Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im now making upper arms at a really low price .. Ive ditched the lame upper balljoints and went with a screw in style that is twice as strong and allow for more articulation .... ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341434135.669974.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341434150.851158.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341434161.671114.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341434170.694962.jpg

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
how much difference between these and stock arms? what are the benefits? are they mainly for bagged guys, or could us QA1 guys benefit from these as well?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much difference between these and stock arms? what are the benefits? are they mainly for bagged guys, or could us QA1 guys benefit from these as well?

The difference is a bigger stronger balljoint with more articulation, a corrceted balljoint angle and the arm is now 1/4 longer for better alignment for the lowered and bagged guys .. being that the balljoint cup is welded to the arm makes the arm much stronger so to answer question yes thes arms will work great for the QA1 guys and a great price .. :waytogo:
im not making money on these ,im building these to offer a low coast well build arm for the normal guy like my self that doesnt have a lot of money laying around ..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ship me your stock arm and i will build them and ship them back for $100 ... Like i said im doing this to give people a chance to get something cool that works great at a killer price ... Im not making money on these its more to hook my fellow minitruckers up 8)

They fit great in the factory knuckle ..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few more pics ... These arms are made for Buddy buddy the socal Local Finesse prez .. For his 2004 extended cab im building ..

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341640637.095549.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341640647.399035.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341640665.458504.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341640673.595039.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1341640681.631659.jpg

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good i would need to find some uca in the junk yards and have u do it so what's the difference between your uca and djm's?

My arms are nothing like DJM arms ..
Im modifying stock arms
Im welding in balljoint cups for a screw style balljoints .. im correcting the bad balljoint angle and also adding 1/4 to the length of the arms for better alignment .. the balljoints im using are much stronger then stock and also provide more articulation for all the air ride guys :waytogo:

·
Registered
6 Posts
so how would this work if guys like me are bj flipped top and bottom? would it screw up the front drop?!:thinking:

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Do you have any spare uppers that I could do a swap and send you my old ones? What's the turn around time if I sent you my uppers and lowers (for drop spindles)? PM me more info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No it wont .. i make the arm a 1/4" longer for more room for alignment .. :waytogo:

i just dont see how my truck would sit at three inches of drop in the front with this bj mod!?:shrug: dont get me wrong i really do think this is the way to go by beefing theat ball joint up :waytogo: ! i just cant get it through my skull about how my truck woud sit without having the top balljoint on the UCA!! either that or iam just flat out dumb!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i just dont see how my truck would sit at three inches of drop in the front with this bj mod!?:shrug: dont get me wrong i really do think this is the way to go by beefing theat ball joint up :waytogo: ! i just cant get it through my skull about how my truck woud sit without having the top balljoint on the UCA!! either that or iam just flat out dumb!

Ok ... the part of a BJ flip that lowers your truck is the lower balljoint ,when you flip the upper ball joint you are doing a few things
1. you are making it easy to align the front end because the factory arms are short
2. you are messing up the geometry that is already not great ..
3. you are making your front end unsafe

Im taking a factory arm that is made well and making it a little longer for an easier alignment and installing and balljoint that is much stronger and has more articulation ,also the balljoit is less then half the price :waytogo:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright thanks!! love the idea! but i dont got money! just like that broke ass college student
Bwill808
:funnyup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts