Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever tried to fit subs under the bucket seats? I dont want to lose any of the space behind the seats and thought that I might be able to fit a 6.5 or 8" sub under the seat (my girlfriend likes the idea too, haha).

I was wondering if anyone had seen any applications like this or had any dimensions or pics.

-John
2000 V6 TRD extracab
Quantico, Va

·
Registered
557 Posts
jl makes a "stealthbox" for tacomas....lose no leg room my frreng owns one...it bumps pretty good too.check it out.....but it'd be kinda cool having subs massaging ur nuts...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn straight it would!! I'm gonna take measurements this week to see how much air volume I have and what size sub i could put in...
already checked out the stealthbox, but thats a heck of a step down from wanting to put 12s in the back (just can't part with the cargo space though).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a site with a layout of an under-seat sub box that might prove quite helpful.. It was meant for a bench seat and looks interesting, I'll have to see if this works out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
try www.synergyusa.net , they make a dual 8" setup that goes under the right rear seat... pretty cool, but pricy. Sounds good from the people who have it.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
That's essentially what I did with mine, except I did it myself and with 1 8". If you do 2 you can't cover them for real stealth, and they sit a little high because their mounting deck is screwed to the top, not from underneath, so they aren't quite flush. Mine sounds great though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm very happy with my stealth box. It comes with a 10w/3. Bass is tight and hits hard. After having it a year, I'm ready for more. Adding the Synergy kit might be what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I didnt really like the stealthbox... it looks messed up to me, but thats just me i guess... that, and i'd have a hard time throwing my sports equipment in the back. I think that there might be enough room to put a JL 6w0 sub under each bucket seat and something in the console.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts