Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed on my trip up to PA that my drivers side tweeter has gone out or mabye just the wiring came loose. But in any case, if i gotta take the door panel off to fix it, i'd rather just go ahead and put new ones in, so heres the questions...

1) What size tweeter are they? i want some that will fit behind the stock cover, not those bigger ones that i'd have to remount somewhere.

2) if i simply replace them without running an amp to them, will i hear a diffrence?

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
Not too familiar with Tacos, but it's probably a 1" tweeter, but don't take that to the bank... as far as replacing it, and trying to power it with a headunit, look for a cheaper tweeter that is about 20-25 watts RMS. Sensitivity for a stock tweeter... I'd look for 87 db's since they are not the greatest.

You will hear a difference if you get some good tweeters between if that have good clean power, and power from a headunit.
I had a set of components that sounded like crap until I finally decided on an amp and gave them the high current power they wanted.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
They are 1 inch and as far as aftermarket goes it will be tough to find one that mounts to the stock bracket but it can be done. If you look for cheap ones stay away from titanium dome speakers (metal looking) unless you like that really high ear peircing type of music. look for a soft dome. As far as power goes stock and aftermarket head units lack the power needed, even to run the stock equipment efficiently. So I would look into a amplifier you dont need a bunch of stuff just the basics you could get this done for around 200.00 and it would be well worth it in the long run. Either way good luck.

·
Stop Staring
5,744 Posts
haha, from $900+ set of Focal and Brax to a $40 Soundstream set :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts