Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have the turbo tacoma all back together...just waiting on brendan at psi to send my downpipe back next week. She is better and stronger than ever...while i had everything apart i took the time to fix all the **** that botherd me about my first setup...and upgraded a few parts....this time around nothing rubs nothing tuches the inner fender..and i can even put my ac back it if i want to but thats horspower.lol.

nothing went smooth when i put it back together..the turbo is in a different spot than before so none of my piping lined up...my filter wouldnt fit in the same spot...my radiator hose went right in front of the turbo....all the vacuum lines where to short...the return oil line was a bitch..i had to get new bolts because the threads in the manifold wered differentand i had to make a gazilion unexpected parts runs. but i have have a realy solid setup now so the next thing to go will be the motor.lol..not my setup.(hopefully):headbang:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Racer_X said:
If you can use a -3 hard line then that would be best!
i got an oil restrictor on my -4 line from atp turbo. i don't know if it's better, but just giving you some info on where to get it if you didn't know. but you probably do. i hope your setup goes well for you and good job on mot giving up from the first one.:applause:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Giving up from the first one!? I've had 3 complete setups... This is the first time that my motor has blown, that's what I'm repairing!

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
pressure issues over time... dd setups almost always use hardline... now if your truck is a fun car- like mine- then steel braided is okay...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh by the way someone had asked before what my turbo was...its a turbonetics t3/t4 oil cooled .63 turbine hot side and .60 compressor cold side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts