Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but I’ll be starting the suspension phase on my taco soon and I’m always open to suggestions. The truck right now is a 1999 Tacoma TRD with a custom turbo build I did myself and 85k original miles. Hoping to finish up some of the tubing so I can check off all of the underhood stuff in my brain and focus on suspension. I have my own fab company so I’m not worried about making custom parts especially since I could market and sell them for other peoples trucks eventually too.

As of now my plan is to cut off my strut/upper control arm mounts and build a custom tower that extends up into the fender for more travel and cut off the lower control arm mounts and extend the lowers further toward center of truck. I know this will involve some frame cutting but I’m okay with that.

As for the rear, I’m thinking about cutting off the frame at the rear of the cab and tube chassis the rear of the truck with fiberglass bedsides. Fuel cell in the bed and 2 tire spare tire rack. I’m considering mounts for rams to lift the truck for tire changes. They seem pretty simple to integrate into the power steering system, just expensive to buy.

What do you guys think? I’ll be posting pics too cause every thread is better with pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very cool. The custom turbo part is what I’m interested in. If you’ve fabbed up a tubular style manifold I’d be interested to know more details on a potential kit. Judging from the lack of response on a awesome build so for it seems like customtacos is dead. TacomaWorld has a more active turbo and off-road community. Think about moving over there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool. The custom turbo part is what I’m interested in. If you’ve fabbed up a tubular style manifold I’d be interested to know more details on a potential kit. Judging from the lack of response on a awesome build so for it seems like customtacos is dead. TacomaWorld has a more active turbo and off-road community. Think about moving over there.
Yeah it’s been super interesting and I think I absolutely might. As far as the manifold goes, I bought the CX Racing manifold kit since it’s already fully tig welded and made life a lot easier on myself. Thanks for the recommendation man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts