Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
you could always get one fabbed up ! i myself would love to get my hands on a 4cyl 5speed t100.. but around here, if ya do find one, and it is descent, ya better have fat pockets, cause its gonna cost ya..lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have a1993 nissan hardbody 4cyl turboed. Im looking for a new toy to play with to tow it to the track, and thought it would sound good that way. I was told I cant turbo this truck and trying to see why? I can make the manifold and all the piping myself just wanted to know if there was a certain reason for not being able to make this truck turbo!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I was looking into a turbo kit. Is there anyway kit made for it, its a 1994 T100 3.0L 4x4. TIA.
3vz or 3.0 blow Head gaskets under there stock hp turbo is not a option, flip through LC enigneering's website or catalog, they make no hp power adders for that engine for a reason, all they have is a weak ass pair of header ,, and you have to pull the engine or tranny to remove the cross over pipe for 10 hp maybe :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
well i have a1993 nissan hardbody 4cyl turboed. Im looking for a new toy to play with to tow it to the track, and thought it would sound good that way. I was told I cant turbo this truck and trying to see why? I can make the manifold and all the piping myself just wanted to know if there was a certain reason for not being able to make this truck turbo!
Whoever told you that is silly, you could add a turbocharger to a lawnmower if you wanted to. Just source a turbo and make your own manifold and run the piping as you have stated. Upon completion of that, add an engine management system and take the truck to be tuned. Make sure you have it dyno tuned by someone reputable and you should be fine. I personally don't like T100s because I feel they are ugly but there is no reason why you shouldn't mod it if you feel like it. Good luck with the build and post pics:waytogo:

3vz or 3.0 blow Head gaskets under there stock hp turbo is not a option, flip through LC enigneering's website or catalog, they make no hp power adders for that engine for a reason, all they have is a weak ass pair of header ,, and you have to pull the engine or tranny to remove the cross over pipe for 10 hp maybe :waytogo:
Stock headgaskets don't matter, if you are turboing you should change out to a metal head gasket anyway.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Stock headgaskets don't matter, if you are turboing you should change out to a metal head gasket anyway.
x2. The 3vz is actually a great motor if you want to turbo it. Just change the headgaskets. I think they rev higher than the 5vz. Its a popular choice for turbo MR2 swaps.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
x2. The 3vz is actually a great motor if you want to turbo it. Just change the headgaskets. I think they rev higher than the 5vz. Its a popular choice for turbo MR2 swaps.
You're thinking 3vz-fe (Camry / GS300), not 3vz-e (truck / 4runner / t100).
the 3vz-fe is a great motor... the 3vz-e is reliable in stock form.

There are a few people that have turbo'd 3vz-e's... but the consensus is they are ticking time bombs best left in stock form.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts