Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever i go past 4000 rpms my truck stops pulling. every gear is like this. could it be from not having enough fuel? i have a 255 walbro and i am running 8 psi now. i have a safc 2 and have it somewhat tuned. i messed around with the safc 2 but there was no difference in performance. all i could feel was that the truck wouldn't run as smooth at some points. so i just put everything back to stock settings.
 

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
Joined
·
10,933 Posts
what injectors are you running? if you say stock- I'm gonna say that your over loading the injectors... and the truck simply cannot keep up the flow rate of the pump, therefore you're looking to kill them injectors if you aren't careful... Other than that, ther must be other symptoms- knocking, CEL, something...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
This sounds exactly like the thing I was dealing with last week.

At first, I thought it was running out of fuel top end because the pump (Walbro 190LPH) couldn't keep up, so I put a big 60-70 GPH (about a 255 LPH) pump in. Even after the bigger pump install, it would cut out badly under boost and my wideband would spike lean BAD.

Everyone was telling me to get an FMU, but then I realized I was running on the stock plugs. I went to Checker and got some NGK Iridiums, installed them, and it fixed it.

At 100% throttle my wideband reads 11.5-12.5 throughout every gear, even without any tuning with the SAFC.

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck.

Payton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xtreme97Tacoma said:
This sounds exactly like the thing I was dealing with last week.

At first, I thought it was running out of fuel top end because the pump (Walbro 190LPH) couldn't keep up, so I put a big 60-70 GPH (about a 255 LPH) pump in. Even after the bigger pump install, it would cut out badly under boost and my wideband would spike lean BAD.

Everyone was telling me to get an FMU, but then I realized I was running on the stock plugs. I went to Checker and got some NGK Iridiums, installed them, and it fixed it.

At 100% throttle my wideband reads 11.5-12.5 throughout every gear, even without any tuning with the SAFC.

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck.

Payton
i have bosch platinum 4's in right now. and yes you got it, i don't have a wideband cause this last paycheck didn't cut it. so i should check my plugs and get bigger injectors? well, and of course the wideband.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can i hook up my autometer a/f ratio gauge to the Innovate LM-1 Air/Fuel Ratio Meter without any adapters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,276 Posts
IDYLDDC665 said:
can i hook up my autometer a/f ratio gauge to the Innovate LM-1 Air/Fuel Ratio Meter without any adapters?
Autometer just came out with their latest wide-band gauge, yes you can, but you probably still need the adaptor. Talk to Gadget about the adaptor.
 

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
Joined
·
10,933 Posts
I'm sure that you're running too much fuel for your injectors, so they're not firing, because they're maxed out before you hit WOT... I'd get some bigger injectors, or you could end up with a big problem on your hands!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
819 Posts
Why is everyone bustin a nut on spark plugs especially when their the stock heat range? Just go out and buy a set of Supra Turbo plugs and be done. As far as the fueling issue goes you need some sort of boost dependant system to control it . Do you have a esc 1 (split second product) this will couse allsorts of bogging down without out it especially if your running rich. Another issue is if you are running with stock injectors without a additional injector controller be ready for an engine. List up what you have for add ons for the system so we can better help you:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
tacoturbo95 said:
Why is everyone bustin a nut on spark plugs especially when their the stock heat range? Just go out and buy a set of Supra Turbo plugs and be done. As far as the fueling issue goes you need some sort of boost dependant system to control it . Do you have a esc 1 (split second product) this will couse allsorts of bogging down without out it especially if your running rich. Another issue is if you are running with stock injectors without a additional injector controller be ready for an engine. List up what you have for add ons for the system so we can better help you:)
t3/t4 garrett turbo non ball bearing
turbo xs type h-rfl bov
255 lph fuel pump
apexi safc 2
turbonetics deltagate wastegate
garrett intercooler
lcengineering turbo manifold
boost gauge and a useless a/f ratio gauge.
bosch platinum 4 spark plugs
that's about it, plus some other stuff that i dont think really matters...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
819 Posts
So how do you actually know if its running rich or lean. I thought the apex i unit read a/f in one of its screens could be wrong though. I would also shoot for larger injectors or a additional injector controller. Sounds like you are probably running lean in boost though. And without the esc1 your o2 sensors are probably tripping up your ecu when the see too much fuel then not enough. Be careful either way couse one will lead to a engine or the other will lead to a new cat. Can the spark plugs and get a set of supra turbo ones cheaper and they work better
 

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
Joined
·
10,933 Posts
I'm telling you he's bogging the system with too much fuel- the stock injectors cannot take the extra fuel so they quit- if he gets them locked open- he'll be up **** creek! Get some 330cc injectors and turn the pulse down- and he should be good from there!!
 

·
ct stalker
Joined
·
3,540 Posts
He has an 02 so he has the pink injectors that can handle 12psi with a 255lph pump no problem. Jerry was running up to 16psi on the pink injectors.

I think he needs to tune it better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
819 Posts
I agree but if he doesnt know where hes at due to lack of guages hes never going to figure it out. Buy a couple guages mainly a decent a/f guage and a pyro would be nice. It doesnt have to be wideband though it would be nice. I use the k&n one it seems to work just fine for me and a volt meter to fine tune it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
819 Posts
so your o2 sensor puts out voltage right? So if you can read it with a wide band why cant you read it with a volt meter. 0-1 volt and you can read it with the meter it isnt as nice as the 300.00 dollar guage but it works. So why dont you go buy a esc1 The reason its going lean is becouse the first o2 is seeing a rich situation and then it pulls back the fuel to comp( your ecu) . Then its too late by the time it figures it out couse your in full boost and there you are at 18. The esc1 one is a split second product it solved tons of issues for me. Like the annoying drop in power when your excellerating you now the feeling.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top