Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my truck back from the exhaust shop today and the turbo is all together...

and the truck is idling like crap...is stumbling and stalling...
i checked all the vacuum lines and turbo couplers they are all good...there is no vaccum leak..i fulled the plugs and they where fouled because i drove the truck to the exhaust shop with no exhaust so the a/f sensor wasnt sending signals...anyways i cleaned them up put them back in and the same problem

so i plugged the laptop in and it came up with
p-0101
p-0110

one is mass airflow sensor
and the other is intake temp senser

could my maf be shot...could that cause the truck to run the way it is....
please help i need to get this thing back to 100 %

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i unpluged it earlyer the truck stalled
but i will try again..
the truck only has 28000 on it i would be amazed if the maf was shot but then again i do have a k$n filter

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright i tried doing what gadget said i even took the maf out and the little wires in side appear to be intact and normal and it looks clean...i also tripple checked all the wires and connections and cant find anything wrong...
my maf worked fine before i took the setup off the first time...is it possible for the maf to just **** out like that....i am out of ideas...
how much does a maf for one of these badboys cost...
i dont want to buy one just to find out thats not the problem

help

·
Registered
405 Posts
On my 99 4runner 5vz, those two sensors use the same ground coming off the ECU. I accidentialy started up my truck without the ground being connected and it stumbled , died, and pulled the same two codes. Check to make sure all your body grounds are good (use your fsm if you got one) - the major one for alot of my sendors is on the drivers side of the intake plenum.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah but i never disconected any grounds...unless the exhaust shop accdetnly did or one came loose..i dont know i can check..i dont know where all the grounds are i will just have to look

what about my pcs 1001 i havent touched any ot those wires and they are sotterd together so i highly dougbt one of those came loose

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
if they welded the exhaust system with the grounds on the truck, they may have taken them off just to do the welds... then forgot to put them back... I highly doubt that though... sounds like your maf is tripping... was it tripping before? maybe you burnt the valves when running no exhaust pipe or downpipe? I dunno something sounds fishy!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the maf wasnt trippy before...but it is throwing codes now ....i highly doubt that i burnt the valves i onley drove the truck with just a downpipe for 4 miles.

and i didnt see any grounds missing yesterday but i was really looking at thosei will check after work..i think that maybe my k &n just finally ruined the maf...

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
the MAF issue is easy to diagnose... take the maf off... if it runs the same before dying then it's the MAF... I doubt that it's the MAF entirely though... maybe it's just the IAT portion of the MAF?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what do you meen take the maf off...when i unplug the maf the truck dies...so i dont understand how you want me to do that.do you meen leave it connected but take it out of the intake streem?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i havent tried cleening the maf with that actual maf cleaner yet should i try that or will it not make much of a difference

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i checked the maf connection...there are no bent brongs and the turminals are clean..its not the connection..

are those mafs any good racer x (used are they garunteed)

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
I have a re-issued one, and it's fine... they come with a 6month warrenty... if it freaks on you send it back for a replacement...

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
damn $80 bones for a MAF sensor? I had to pay $100 for mine!!! i should have done a little more searching, but sometimes desperate times call for paying more than you should :brickknoc

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
You all know I have connects at TAP... why come you didn't contact Jerry- I'm sure he could at least match my price!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts