Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
StepSIde
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install a T3/T4 on my 2002 extra cab 2RZ 5 speed. Considering deleting 1 cat if not both. What is everyone doing to keep the check engine light off when deleting the cat? Which cat can be removed without running into this issue?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,290 Posts
... If I remember correctly the 01+ are plug and play under the passenger seat because the rear o2 wiring goes up into the cab.
Right ... The line back to the Heated O2 Sensor (Bank 1, Sensor 2) comes from the right / starboard kick panel and turns inboard (toward centerline) somewhere at or underneath the front passenger seat.

Reactions: nxrunner

·
StepSIde
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear o2 simulator, check URDUSA if they still have. My 98 is hard wired in, If I remember correctly the 01+ are plug and play under the passenger seat because the rear o2 wiring goes up into the cab.
I checked with Gadget at URD USA, he had one for a 97 2RZ about 2 months ago. I got rid of that truck before I could make the transaction. Tried to purchase for the 02 and he said he didn't have any and all cat are to remain in tact and fully operational. No help there. LOL

Wonder if anyone has a used one for sale?

·
StepSIde
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can try the old school way.
Thanks for the input.

Because of the 2 bolt flange on the Toyota O2 sensor, thought about using one of these.

·
Registered
448 Posts
🤦‍♂️yes you are correct. I haven’t changed a Toyota O2 in years. Sorry about that.
Back in my day…. I think I just bought gaskets, traced it on some metal, cut it out and welded it together. My ‘97 never threw a code for it, turbo’d or not. Not sure how sensitive the ‘02s are to that.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I run no cats, 3-inch turbo back exhaust piping, and OEM sensors. My check engine light comes on so infrequently that I have to double-check that it's still working sometimes. lol I also deleted the charcoal canister in the engine bay and did nothing with the connections...again, no CEL. In the VERY rare and off chance that it does pop up I just clear it with my scangauge immediately anyway.

Reactions: nxrunner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts