Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/X4xoV5B5cy0

1000' foot track

Nevermind the horrible staging and launching- ebraking, brake boosting, etc, this thing is stupid to launch. Brakes/tires won't hold more than 3lb boost off the line, but if I don't brake boost, boost doesn't come on til after 60'. I need a 2step, better rear brakes, drag slicks, or a trans brake :)

Broke out of the 11.50 index class in the first round by .0451, but ran a best ET of the night 11.45 @ 91mph. I spent most of the night in the test and tune lanes, logging data and trying to smooth out that AFR graph.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, don't really have a build thread for it. I will be making a walkaround video. Also will be visiting the local dynojet soon so subscribe to my YouTube channel!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing you're on mobile because it's in my signature. Totally stock engine 251k miles. I've popped 3 motors now all bent or broken connecting rods when Methanol injection went screwy in boost. Now I'm using 550 injectors and AEM F/IC 6. I don't even have my meth reinstalled yet. Tuning at 11.5afr 93 octane removing 1 degree of timing at 8+Lb boost.

Will soon be adding aem fuel pump, Methanol kit(-20 washer fluid), and transgo valve body kit before working on a 15lb tune. Like to see 350+whp

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm guessing you're on mobile because it's in my signature. Totally stock engine 251k miles. I've popped 3 motors now all bent or broken connecting rods when Methanol injection went screwy in boost. Now I'm using 550 injectors and AEM F/IC 6. I don't even have my meth reinstalled yet. Tuning at 11.5afr 93 octane removing 1 degree of timing at 8+Lb boost.

Will soon be adding aem fuel pump, Methanol kit(-20 washer fluid), and transgo valve body kit before working on a 15lb tune. Like to see 350+whp
Ahh, didn't see that. Damn, 3 engines!

Btw, your vid was blocked at work and I just saw it for the first time tonight; your trans is shifting bad into 2nd gear (couldn't hear the other gears). Shift kit should help keep you from adding a trans to your kill list :wink

·
Registered
488 Posts
You got that engine fixed fast and put an AEM FIC in quick too. It's making some good et's! My brain works in 1/4 mile times. The consensus on a quick Google search says 1000' * 1.2 = 1/4 mile or at least close. You should be in the high 13's in a 1/4 mile. Thats quick. You are cutting great 1.7x 60's too. Nice runs. I'm definitely subscribing to your youtube!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts