Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you again!

1) Do you recommend changing all the values to zero in the MAF map?

2) I will try this. So just ignore the OBD2 fuel trims, and focus solely on my aftermarket gauge? If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, I should be able to not have a fuel map at all. If I can use fudged 02 sensor signals, then wouldn't the car's ECU just provide the fueling (desired AFRs at different boost levels) that I want? I'm not sure I understand how it works. My gut tells me that the larger injectors will be providing too rich an AFR if I have no fuel pulled in the fuel table. It also brings up the question of what would happen in open loop operations. I don't know, maybe it's possible to do it all with just an 02 map. I did give up on the AEM 02 tuning video, as it stated that I needed to record fuel trims and I couldn't seem to get any viable data following their procedures.

Up for a phone call, zoom or skype at some point? It might be easier work through some of this stuff. Let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thank you again!

1) Do you recommend changing all the values to zero in the MAF map?

2) I will try this. So just ignore the OBD2 fuel trims, and focus solely on my aftermarket gauge? If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, I should be able to not have a fuel map at all. If I can use fudged 02 sensor signals, then wouldn't the car's ECU just provide the fueling (desired AFRs at different boost levels) that I want? I'm not sure I understand how it works. My gut tells me that the larger injectors will be providing too rich an AFR if I have no fuel pulled in the fuel table. It also brings up the question of what would happen in open loop operations. I don't know, maybe it's possible to do it all with just an 02 map. I did give up on the AEM 02 tuning video, as it stated that I needed to record fuel trims and I couldn't seem to get any viable data following their procedures.

Up for a phone call, zoom or skype at some point? It might be easier work through some of this stuff. Let me know.

Cheers.
Yeah that might be simpler than typing out all these answers. This week is busy but after Saturday I am free. Send me a message on what's preferred.

Road tuning is tricky to get right but once you find that sweet spot it's as easy as pressing that skinny pedal and go!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey gamefreakgc. Sorry for the long absence. It's been very hectic at work and I've been busy buying and outfitting a new-to-us minivan. I plan to get back to 'tuning' the Yaris soon. I know I've mentioned it before, but I really appreciate your help. Maybe we can have the chat soon. I'll message you with my number and also get yours. Only fair that I call you as I was the one suggesting it. Cheers.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts