Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im new to this place and need a little help from someone in my neck of the woods. I am near Bozeman, MT but will drive virtually anywhere within range. I have a '98 4x4 tacoma w/ a TRD blower and a bunch of URD gear and need to retune my ECU / AFR as I have moved from the coast to the elevation of MT and am having problems with maintaining idle on these cold clear days. Does anyone within range(and I mean Billings, Butte, Missoula, whatever it takes) have a URD Innovative tuner and anything else needed to dial my truck in one weekend? I will gladly swing some cash or whatever is wanted for an hour to make this happen. Shoot me a PM or respond and I'll get back asap. Thanks.

:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
whitelite98 said:
Hey all, Im new to this place and need a little help from someone in my neck of the woods. I am near Bozeman, MT but will drive virtually anywhere within range. I have a '98 4x4 tacoma w/ a TRD blower and a bunch of URD gear and need to retune my ECU / AFR as I have moved from the coast to the elevation of MT and am having problems with maintaining idle on these cold clear days. Does anyone within range(and I mean Billings, Butte, Missoula, whatever it takes) have a URD Innovative tuner and anything else needed to dial my truck in one weekend? I will gladly swing some cash or whatever is wanted for an hour to make this happen. Shoot me a PM or respond and I'll get back asap. Thanks.

:)
I'm in Butte and I don't know of any place to do that either. I will do a little research for ya and see what I can come up with. I think that there may be a guy here in Butte that does that stuff but I'll find out for you. We should find a way to get a meet started up here in Montana. I cant seem to find anyone up here so we should look into finding some people.

·
Registered
211 Posts
First of all, Welcome to CT. Please fill out your profile so we can know a little about your truck and help you better. Do you have a wideband o2 sensor and gauge? a laptop? What kind of URD gear are you refering to? I can almost guarantee you are completely capable of tuning your truck if you have the first two questions I asked. Gadget wrote a great guide, which can tell you everything you need to know. From my experiences around different dyno's in austin, none were familiar with R4 software(the tuning software I am assuming you have). So I read this guide and taught myself. I highly suggest the OBII scan tool, which the guide mentions. It has come in handy many times for my truck and even more for my friend's.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf

As for the idling problem, I had an experience where my truck was having a rough time idling and often dieing. Try cleaning the housing for the throttle body valve. Mine had loads of build up, preventing smooth opening and closing. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts