Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Babylon is Falling
1,767 Posts
i HATE electrical problems and idk why my truck has em
Part of the reason why...

ONE OF THE SOLDERED WIRES WAS TOUCHING METAL.... the tape that was insulating it came off....like completely offfff....
Solder connections should be insulted with heat shrink. Glad you found the prob and all is well again.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,700 Posts
ohh BTW Enola, i think the ABS light was flashing because of my scangauge:thinking:
Was the ScanGauge already installed, and had the ABS light been flashing before this recent incident? :thinking:

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
when i first plugged the scangauge in(when i got it) the abs light started flashing when id press the brake(came home, went on CT and saw a thread about it saying its the scangauge). when the truck shut off, i disconnected the battery so i guess after i connected it and tried starting the truck, with my foot on the brake, the abs light started flashing again...its still doing it.....

when i first got the scangauge, the abs light was flashing for over a week

·
Registered
3 Posts
so I've got a 2000 tacoma I just got a couple weeks ago and I was driving about 75 mph and my truck started bogging down and I grabbed 4th and limped it to the off ramp, still sitting here but it'll crank so nothing looks seized, would a plugged fuel filter be the issue?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,700 Posts
It could be a plugged fuel filter, but it could also be any of a hundred other things as well.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,700 Posts
Ouch! ... Hope it didn't result in any damage (to anything other than the belt).

41 - 49 of 49 Posts