Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I’m trying to find OEM TRD 16” Matte Black wheels for my rig. Problem is that the sites I’ve been on indicate that they’ll fit a 2019 but not a 2020 or 2021. I didn’t realize there was a difference. Any ideas if there’s a 16” Matte Black TRD Wheel out there that will fit a 2021 TRD OR Crew Cab?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,881 Posts
I wasn't aware there was a change in wheel fitment.

Did the sites you checked clearly state there was a difference, or did their advertised model year compatibility range simply stop at 2019?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
There is not a difference. If you happen to be looking at a set of 4runner TRD PRO wheels it may state that as well because they are a different offset than the Tacoma versions. But they fit just fine and look a ton better with the higher backspacing. I have them on my 2019 TRD OR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't aware there was a change in wheel fitment.

Did the sites you checked clearly state there was a difference, or did their advertised model year compatibility range simply stop at 2019?
It was the later. On one of the Toyota parts site when I put in the year of the truck it would indicate that the wheel would not fit. It only showed the TRD Wheel that has the bead locker style rim as the only one that would fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is not a difference. If you happen to be looking at a set of 4runner TRD PRO wheels it may state that as well because they are a different offset than the Tacoma versions. But they fit just fine and look a ton better with the higher backspacing. I have them on my 2019 TRD OR.
This is very good to know....actually prefer the 4 Runner TRD wheel look. Is there a “go to” site you would recommend to find these?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
This is very good to know....actually prefer the 4 Runner TRD wheel look. Is there a “go to” site you would recommend to find these?
I bought mine on ebay for about 600 shipped to my door. But I've heard that they aren't that expensive at the dealer like you'd assume. I haven't inquired though since I already have a set...

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
they will fit just fine. Since they are all tacoma wheels.
I bought my TRD SEMA 17" wheels off BAM whole sale for my 21 Sport

So far the only issue that has come up with fitment is the 2021 4Runner TRD pro wheels. The rear hub on the 4runner is just a hair smaller so people who put those wheels are having to shave the rear hub on the drums by 1mm and give it a bevel and it fits directly on. You will not have any issue as I think 2005-2021 tacoma are all the same hub size and the bolt pattern has been the same since like the 90's

DAMN its been 11years since I was on this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts